3 more sledders missing in Sicamous

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the way to start out the New Year. I hope they have a big fire going.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from Tex who made contact with them. They went down a ravine but one of them went down a lot further and the other two approx 1 km apart. Chopper had to use the long line to get the lower guy out.
A lot of happy and relieved families with this good outcome and a shout-out towards the local SAR and Tex for doing a great job on NYE away from their families.

broncit

Reaction score
It was a interesting night but glad to be out safe and so thankful for everybody who came looking for us and involved in the rescue. Made some bad decisions dropping into an area we didn’t know. Also thankful to have RGM and Garmin radios to keep in contact with each other all night and get a hold of search and rescue in the morning. Aurora helicopter pilot was amazing to watch as he picked us up out of some crazy conditions.

broncit

Reaction score
We were scanning through them but I now understand that they found out through a friend that we usual FRS6

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were scanning through them but I now understand that they found out through a friend that we usual FRS6
Yes it was great that we found out the channel ya use, that was the game changer this am, glad we found guys and got ya all out
This is something that should be posted imo in the cabins. On the trail head signs and maybe printed onto your trail pass.
Sar does not monitor channels here, as they are based out of salmon arm

Next is there is one channel used, a repeater, but cost alot to use I'm told, which unless ya got a beofang or such, a frs radio is not able to get there

My group of normal riders, d event above included, have one channel we switch to if the chit hits the fan, and any of them come looking

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes it was great that we found out the channel ya use, that was the game changer this am, glad we found guys and got ya all out Sar does not monitor channels here, as they are based out of salmon arm

Next is there is one channel used, a repeater, but cost alot to use I'm told, which unless ya got a beofang or such, a frs radio is not able to get there

My group of normal riders, d event above included, have one channel we switch to if the chit hits the fan, and any of them come looking
Good to know Jeff!

Top Bottom