3 inch track on M1000?

animal jim

Reaction score
Only if you have a 162" track I ripped my track an have looked into it and nobody makes a 153"x3" lug track. Just wondering if anyone has tried both the powerclaw and the camoplast extreme and if there is a difference?

M1000CAT

Reaction score
I got one side trimmed down tonight. I thought it was going to be easy but Orr is very time consuming. Only if thy made a 15" wide 3" paddle from stock!

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard from a couple guys with the 162 and 174 3" on M8's. Should be the same as the M1000.

Like already mentioned, the currently only come in a 16" wide so they need to be trimmed. Following that a small notch may have to be cut into the paddles on the left side to clear the coolant hose shield. I understand its not much.

Regarding their performance, I have heard it's a massive improvement over stock.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Check out my 3" 174 project here it is probably a few pages back again but it is fairly imformative, once you have had 3" you wont go back!!! And no I am not speaking for my wife either, haha. The only change that helped my sled improve drastically other than the track was the rear shock, the factory air shock is a piece of crap and made my machine wheelie like crazy. I put a exit coil over on and the difference is huge!!! It is a fun project and you wil not regret it.:d

Paulo 13

Reaction score
Do I have to change my stock drivers though? Someone said I had to because 3 pitch

Paulo 13

Reaction score
Suppose to cut dwn 1/4" off both sides on a table saw to fit in 15" tunnel and notch for coolers.

Bigborecat

Reaction score
on a stock m1000 you need the 65/55 gears to turn the 21/2 camo extreme at a decent speed, even on the M800 the 21/2 camo extreme makes you loose a lot of track speed which in turn makes you climb, I get about 40-42 on a hard climb. I think the best is a 2.3 camo that skidoo uses as you get more track speed than the 21/2 or 3". The 3" just looses to much track speed unless you have the horsepower to crank it. Track speed makes you climb.

Paulo 13

Reaction score
Got 3" on, holy hack job. Really tuff job to do myself. Never do that again. Still have problems though. Nuts on right side of sled for brake assembly are rubbing really bad. Might ware in to side of paddles after a day of riding. ? That was an unforeseen. Defiantly have to cut right dwn to 15". Cut mine to 151/4". Hope those nuts won't tear the paddles, I'm sure its goin to vibrate like crazy. Any thoughts?

M1000CAT

Reaction score
Got 3" on, holy hack job. Really tuff job to do myself. Never do that again. Still have problems though. Nuts on right side of sled for brake assembly are rubbing really bad. Might ware in to side of paddles after a day of riding. ? That was an unforeseen. Defiantly have to cut right dwn to 15". Cut mine to 151/4". Hope those nuts won't tear the paddles, I'm sure its goin to vibrate like crazy. Any thoughts?

Too bad that turned out hack. I cut mine down and it looks like a factory cut track. No issues with rubbing any where.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cut mine to 15 1/2 " fits good.that bolt you need to take it out and put it in the other way .i used a table saw what did you use to cut it?

Chewks

Reaction score
You can do a 3 inch 156 I believe. I did one a few years ago on my M8. Have to cut the knobs off on the one side to go through the drive on it. Pain in the a$$ but doable.

Top Bottom