3 inch track for 155 Pro

oilman32

Reaction score
I just picked up a 3inch challenger extreme for my 2012 Pro, does anybody know if I need to change any drivers or gearing to make this work. Also I'm a 230lbs rider. Appreciate any input thanks.

oilman32

Reaction score
I had a look at that, that x3 track has a 3inch pitch though. My challenger extreme has my stock 2.86 pitch. I think I'll have to trim my rails. But the anti stab and drivers looks to only be changed because of the pitch.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a look at that, that x3 track has a 3inch pitch though. My challenger extreme has my stock 2.86 pitch. I think I'll have to trim my rails. But the anti stab and drivers looks to only be changed because of the pitch.

Double check the pitch. Camo only makes the 3" in 3.0" pitch.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Double check the pitch. Camo only makes the 3" in 3.0" pitch.

True. Also, I believe the X3 (9220M) is the only 3" track in 15" wide. The Extreme would have to to be cut down to fit in your Pro.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

oilman32

Reaction score
The spec sheet on the camoplast web site says 15 wide, 2.86 pitch and 154 length. Part#9104m for a challenger extreme. So I hope it works out that way. If not I guess I'll have to exchange and buy some more parts. That's ok to. Just a bit of a hassle.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 3inch challenger extreme for my 2012 Pro, does anybody know if I need to change any drivers or gearing to make this work. Also I'm a 230lbs rider. Appreciate any input thanks.
big mistake I no a young fellow that put a 3" on his pro and he had to change his drivers from a 8 tooth to a 7 tooth to help it fit under the sled and he had to cut his rails because the pro has 163" track and the new track was 162. He finds the sled is terrible on the trails because it slides all over the place because the track was to ridged and he's finding it's loosing power on the pulls in deeper snow and he didn't say it but I think he would have been happyer with a 2.5" track. My son was looking at putting a 3" track on his m8 and the guys at mountain magic didn't recomend a 3" track unless your turboed and these guys no their sleds well.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The spec sheet on the camoplast web site says 15 wide, 2.86 pitch and 154 length. Part#9104m for a challenger extreme. So I hope it works out that way. If not I guess I'll have to exchange and buy some more parts. That's ok to. Just a bit of a hassle.

The 9104M is indeed a 2.86" pitch, but it also a 2.5", not a 3" track according to the Camo site.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

oilman32

Reaction score
It'll be in next week so we'll see what they got in for me. If it's not what I want they'll be keeping it. But 20% off tracks right now $860. I think I'd bet crazy not to pick one up. If I have to change a bunch of parts to make it work that's ok. Next month the sleds getting a stage 3 kit. Looking forward to that. I'll keep you guys informed on how I make out with the track.

MURFDOG

Reaction score
The 3" camo ex is a 156 and only comes in 16 wide and is a 3" pitch, I know this for fact because I have one.

oilman32

Reaction score
Ah I down loaded the catalog, I was going off where it says 2.5 and 3" options just assumed they were an option for each track.

Do you guys figure it's still worth while replacing my stock with a camo 2.5. Or should I just put the money in the engine?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll be in next week so we'll see what they got in for me. If it's not what I want they'll be keeping it. But 20% off tracks right now $860. I think I'd bet crazy not to pick one up. If I have to change a bunch of parts to make it work that's ok. Next month the sleds getting a stage 3 kit. Looking forward to that. I'll keep you guys informed on how I make out with the track.

what website?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2.5" is still a big upgrade on the pro. $860 isn't a good price though. I didn't pay much more than that for my 162 3".

oilman32

Reaction score
Everywhere I priced them out was a grand or more. Where did ya get yours from?

Top Bottom