21 days till Daytona!!!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Robbie Gordon take out everyone???? .....surprised he has ran into the pace car yet :rolleyes:

That is for 2 reasons: 1) you have to be able to lead to get near the pace car and 2) The pace car only laps cars that are smoldering wreaks. Haven't actually kept score but I know the pace car has lapped robbie more times than robbie has lead... Heck, I am sure the pace car scores more laps than robbie in some races.:D

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is for 2 reasons: 1) you have to be able to lead to get near the pace car and 2) The pace car only laps cars that are smoldering wreaks. Haven't actually kept score but I know the pace car has lapped robbie more times than robbie has lead... Heck, I am sure the pace car scores more laps than robbie in some races.:D

Ha ha ha! Everything aside, you have to respect the "DAVID" in the "GOLIATH" game. One team, one driver vs. Hendricks, Roush, Childress. Plus his experience in the off-road racing circut: Baja, Dakar...

I like him :D

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha! Everything aside, you have to respect the "DAVID" in the "GOLIATH" game. One team, one driver vs. Hendricks, Roush, Childress. Plus his experience in the off-road racing circut: Baja, Dakar...

I like him :D

Finally someone sticking up for a guy that will race anything, anytime. I have a ton of respect for Robby Gordon and he is one of my favorite drivers. Just read that he has now switched to Dodge for this season geting assistance from Everham but still running the operation under Robby Gordon Motorsports. I am sure those resources will get him higher in the standings this season and hopefully one or more in the win column. Would be nicer to see him in a Chevy but anything is better than a Ford. :D

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sister in-laws husband is a bizerk fan over NASCAR they go down every year to the NASCAR race in Pheonex. Now don't get me wrong but after watching these guys zipping around and around in a circle for about three or four hours well I find it a little boring after the first few laps. Now if they put in about six or eight sharp curves with a few straight aways and maybe a few bumps and jumps then you have a race (similar to moto cross):beep:

Billy Boy:cool:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well having attended a Nascar race I must tell you they are a blast. The race tracks in the USA put on a "First Class" show. The racing is way more intense when your sitting right there. We also had pit passes so we were able to see a lot of stuff up close....it's a great event to attend and I would recomend it to anyone (and I'm not a big Nascar fan).

My sister in-laws husband is a bizerk fan over NASCAR they go down every year to the NASCAR race in Pheonex. Now don't get me wrong but after watching these guys zipping around and around in a circle for about three or four hours well I find it a little boring after the first few laps. Now if they put in about six or eight sharp curves with a few straight aways and maybe a few bumps and jumps then you have a race (similar to moto cross):beep:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have been told it is quite a show but i can't help giving the sister in-laws hubby a bad time over it. Personally if its loud and goes like stink it gets my attention. When I was in high school I had some freinds that did some serious drag racing in Calgary and use to go with them to the drag strip. Now to a lot of people drag racing would seem boring but your right when you are in the thick of it it is really exciting :hemiCoupe:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well this is loud but they don't look like there going that fast, even if they are. They sound like a squadron of WW2 planes going by.
They know how to party there as well. When we boarded the plane, as soon as they could get it, drinks were flowing. We even had a guy have a sezure and they had to land the plane only to find out it was from him drinking non stop for two days...lol...
Keep giving the family the gears, it's all good.

Cheerz.

Yes I have been told it is quite a show but i can't help giving the sister in-laws hubby a bad time over it. Personally if its loud and goes like stink it gets my attention. When I was in high school I had some freinds that did some serious drag racing in Calgary and use to go with them to the drag strip. Now to a lot of people drag racing would seem boring but your right when you are in the thick of it it is really exciting :hemiCoupe:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally if its loud and goes like stink it gets my attention. :hemiCoupe:

One word....Bristal

Drag racing isn't loud after you've been to Bristal.

Four turns and two straights every 15 seconds is fast anyway you look at it. Actually if your on the first two rows of seating (ten feet from 43 cars passing you every 15 seconds), you don't see much (except blurrs) but you feel everything. Did I mention the noise?

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One word....Bristal

Drag racing isn't loud after you've been to Bristal.

Four turns and two straights every 15 seconds is fast anyway you look at it. Actually if your on the first two rows of seating (ten feet from 43 cars passing you every 15 seconds), you don't see much (except blurrs) but you feel everything. Did I mention the noise?
Bristol Motor Speedway

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo Junior. Budweiser Shootout Champion for 2008. That's a fine way to run your first race of the season with e new team. Go 88.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Top Bottom