2022 Sled Rumors??

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha...........they are great for over night or a two-day trip.

I thought it was the Cat logo that prevented stealing. Didn't guys go out and buy Cat cover tarps just for that purpose??

Just last week I saw a Ski-Doo on a sled deck and it had a Cat cover on it...I had a good chuckle over it...and I ride a Cat.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only volume discount you get from Doo is on PAC. You can get some percentage points knocked off if you exceed your recommended number. I think you can get a break on units if you pay cash for them in July but not many dealers have that kind of coin to take advantage of it. I have no idea how Polaris's system works. They must have good coin in their mark up if they can knock off $2000 a snowcheck sled. Maybe they get volume discounts? Rhodesie or Chrisco may know more on that but may not want to comment? Not good for business. Lmao!

No one said I got $2000 off the sticker price. You and Maxy dreamed that one up. I said when I snow checked, my sled was $2000 less than a Ski-doo N/A. I did also say that my dealer did discount and sold below their cost, I believe it was 4% as they expected 6% if they reached the first benchmark and 10% for the next volume level. I always pay cash and don't take the zero percent financing as I know they have to pay for that somehow. You guys would not want to know the difference between my sled with a 4 year warranty and a turbo Doo with a 3 year warranty. It was a crazy difference. Some say it is worth it others will say it's not.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was looking online at kijiji....Basecamp is selling a brand new 21 summit SP 175 for $2200 more than msrp, does not include dealer fees or taxes.....(I did the same build on ski-doo.com) lol...different name same rip off store as Bow cycle....

I will not be spring buying from these clowns...EVER!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion Covid pricing is officially over. It may reappear on sleds again next winter but with dealer shows in next weeks its over

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion Covid pricing is officially over. It may reappear on sleds again next winter but with dealer shows in next weeks its over
This was exactly my thoughts.

To late in season and snowcheck is upon us.

Better to hold your iron till next fall now.

Now the big question for snowcheck is which dealers are gonna want to pad their sales numbers and which are gonna try and gouge on the covid wave......

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to find out how many folks have switched over to the turbo Doo. Wether they rode a n/a Doo or after market turbocharged before or another brand. I think if the other manufacturers do not answer with a factory turbo sled soon. More folks will switch over to the T Doo.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to find out how many folks have switched over to the turbo Doo. Wether they rode a n/a Doo or after market turbocharged before or another brand. I think if the other manufacturers do not answer with a factory turbo sled soon. More folks will switch over to the T Doo.
The list is already long at the store I deal with. Lots of interest

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was looking online at kijiji....Basecamp is selling a brand new 21 summit SP 175 for $2200 more than msrp, does not include dealer fees or taxes.....(I did the same build on ski-doo.com) lol...different name same rip off store as Bow cycle....

I thought Jason Kenney was going to be tough on that crap. Or was that only for TP? That dealership always treated me extremely well when I lived in CGY but that is BS. I hope that sled doesn’t sell for a few years and they eventually have to give it away. Maybe teach them a lesson.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We all really need to take note of dealers doing this. Zero respect for that kind of ****.

We may need to do a snow and mud group snowcheck all at one dealer willing to play ball.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MSRP is SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE, the dealer can charge whatever they want if someone will pay it.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are they jacking the price up a couple thousand this year?

From what I have noticed the price of new at dealers has risen more then normal this past year .
Margins have went up I would expect due to shortage in supply . Or like everything else ? The extra tax’s and costs to keep open keep getting worse .
Just a few more bucks per month for most .
No different then everything else.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2022 Yamaha has power steering. Looks like the same chassis.

Attachments

• 1F0F9B77-B688-404B-B07C-F7869A9BAB86.jpg
    1F0F9B77-B688-404B-B07C-F7869A9BAB86.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 263

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I have noticed the price of new at dealers has risen more then normal this past year .
Margins have went up I would expect due to shortage in supply . Or like everything else ? The extra tax’s and costs to keep open keep getting worse .
Just a few more bucks per month for most .
No different then everything else.

But if you go to them in the next month and want to trade in your used, on a snow check most will try in steal it or refuse a trade completely.. sleds dealers been doing this for years

Top Bottom