2020 Turbo P0270 code.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well took it to the dealer, said the injector stuck open and the cylindar was completly flooded. Cylindar wasn't flooded when I dropped it off.
They said they won't change it, as the part hasn't malfunctioned........

How do I get ahold of BRP Cares..........

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well took it to the dealer, said the injector stuck open and the cylindar was completly flooded. Cylindar wasn't flooded when I dropped it off.
They said they won't change it, as the part hasn't malfunctioned........

How do I get ahold of BRP Cares..........

so the sled runs fine now?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so the sled runs fine now?
So last week I was sledding in Valemount. Sled was running well, stopped at the cabin to warm up. Came back outside and fired the sled up and it was running really rough. Check engine light was on and P Code P0270 rang in, throttle body injector. Drove the sled around in the meadow beside the cabin a little and found once the rpm got a little higher it ran fine. Headed down the trail immediately when I got to the trailer it was still running rough at low rpm and the check engine lite came back on, still with P0270 active. Changed the plugs in the trailer and tried to restart it, still ran rough. Check the connections to the injector and all seemed good. Dropped it of at the dealer, tech is looking at it, finds a completely flooded cylinder but they are saying they are not going to replace the injector as everything seems to be running fine again. I asked how the fuel got in the cylinder and they had no explanation other than that the spark plug on the mag cylinder was loose, which I didn’t fully torque because I had to finish indexing. I told them I wanted the injector changed as it is the only possible explanation for all the fuel in the cylinder and I wasn’t interested in dealing with intermittent issues or helicopters on a sled with under 200km. Is there someone at BRP I can contact to dispute this? I am hoping that cylinder is full of fuel in the am and it becomes obvious to them.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some additional info:
- started the sled after we swapped plugs to make sure it was something simple like fouled plugs.
- Sled was never started again at the dealer ship when i dropped it of just grabbed by the forklift.
- I am thinking the injector was stuck open and flooded the cylinder on the drive home / over the weekend sitting in the shop.
- they can't recreate the issue, telling me to run it and pay for the service......

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP Cares... Lol BRP don't care, stingiest warranty in the game.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im confused is this your new 2022 or? title says 2020?

either way, i know for a fact when those injectors are faulty they will leak the pressure out of the system into the cylinder. But they can check that at the dealer........

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could just be a freak thing can you run it around home?
I can forsure. Need to study up on exactly how these injectors work.
Can't see it being a freak one off, intermittent or condition dependent maybe.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im confused is this your new 2022 or? title says 2020?

either way, i know for a fact when those injectors are faulty they will leak the pressure out of the system into the cylinder. But they can check that at the dealer........

Sorry 2022.

How did you prove they were bleeding?

And any idea what the dealer does to prove this out?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be able to see if injector is open or closed on Buds?
Well this P0270 code rang in and stayed in for the longest time. Then magically while it sat in the shop over the weekend it cleared and supposedly runs "fine", they can't get it to replicate so they just want me out the door.

In my mind replace the injector as it probably has an internal short.

And double check wiring and pack the plugs with dielectric grease.

View attachment 249323
IMG_20211216_082019.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you. Why pizz off a customer that just spent the bank on a new toy and only made it 60 kms before it chit the bed. Not so sure your dealer couldn’t be pushing BRP enough on this or maybe haven’t at all?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can literally pressure up the system and then unbolt them injector and watch it leak if it’s leaking

I think the issue snopro is the injector can show closed but still leak

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can literally pressure up the system and then unbolt them injector and watch it leak if it’s leaking

I think the issue snopro is the injector can show closed but still leak
Good idea, I will ask if they tried that.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you. Why pizz off a customer that just spent the bank on a new toy and only made it 60 kms before it chit the bed. Not so sure your dealer couldn’t be pushing BRP enough on this or maybe haven’t at all?
Is there an avenue I can talk to BRP directly?

I don't think I am gonna pay the bill
they are gonna hand me for solving nothing.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there an avenue I can talk to BRP directly?

I don't think I am gonna pay the bill
they are gonna hand me for solving nothing.
Really your only outlet is the Customer Assistance line. They won't let you talk directly to a warranty service rep. Be prepared to wait a bit on the phone but they will start a case file and get back to you. You may not hear anything till the first week in January now as they are off most of the holiday break down there I was told today. Good luck to you!

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way I read that codes it's a electrical problem, not a problem with the Injectorits self, probably a wiring problem.
Open circuit or short to ground. The way most injectiors are wired is, there power all the time to the injector, and the ecm controls the ground to open and close the injector.. now if the ground wire was shorted to the ground on the sled that would cause the injector to stick open a set a code in the ECM.
Just my HD mechanic brain thinking out loud..

Top Bottom