skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any ideas, running like smashed ass.

IMG_20211215_170218014.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s to do with injector wiring check,clean,dry put on some dielectric grease on the injector connectors
I am hoping it's the main injector.
Cause the boost injectors are hard to get at.

When I pull the spark plugs off the pto side it won't start. But getting spark on both plugs, changed plugs too just to rule that out.

Wrenching in the best western parking lot in vale, hoping to ride again tomorrow

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t wanna click the like button on that post but hope you work it out.

Reaction score
I've had that code show up more than once after it spends the night in my heated trailer without the roof vent open. I crack the vent every time now, haven't seen that code again.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had that code show up more than once after it spends the night in my heated trailer without the roof vent open. I crack the vent every time now, haven't seen that code again.
So after digging into this a bit more I guess this a common issue with the Delphi plugs on the injectors.

Moisture intrusion is one issue, but the pins don't make great contact with the injector.

Fix is to take a set of needle nose pliers and give the flat blade pins a slight twist so they make a more positive contact with female contacts in the injector.

As for the moisture, prime the plug with dielectric grease.

I have never been a fan of snow in the engine bay, makes for sauna like conditions. The big vent above the turbo solves one problem but creates another.

Reactions: zal

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So interesting talking with the head tech.

My sled was scaned and the computer is pointing towards the mag throttle body injector.

I was almost positive it was the main mag side injector because it would not fire up when we disconnected the pto side spark plug.

Turns out that the sled guage can only differentiate between mag side and pto side injector issues. When plugged into the laptop they can then tell if it's the main injector or the throttle body injector.

I was a little concerned I had done some damage limping the sled off the hill on one cylinder. But I was told that say if the main injector or the throttle body injector ch!t the bed the ECM is smart enough to shut down the spark so you don't end up with a lean condition.

Not sure if the ECM ups the oiling to that piston or not but I hope so.

Still will get them to bore scope that piston/cylinder and give her a compression test.

See what the final prognosis is Monday.
Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom