2019/2020 Mcbride Conditions and Updates

COLBEE

Reaction score
Anyone know where I could get a set of spark plugs for a 800 etec by tomorrow morning in mcbride? NGK PFR7AB I believe.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Anyone know where I could get a set of spark plugs for a 800 etec by tomorrow morning in mcbride? NGK PFR7AB I believe.

I have one and you are welcome to it. Hopefully one will help. I wish I had two for you. Rm 220 at the Sandman. Call the front desk and ask for room 220. That would be funny if you are staying here. Cheers!

Last edited:

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be Friday evening groom - Saturday lunchtime groom - Saturday evening groom - when the sled numbers are huge how hard is it to throw a lunchtime groom in there

It’s actually very hard when you don’t know the number of people who can actually operate the machines. If you hire some donkey to just run it for your so called NOON groom he’s just going to ruin the trail more potentially and then I can’t imagine the how you would complain. It takes 6-7hrs on a good day to groom Rensahw. Don’t like it. Go to revy.

Great posts Maxwell and Higgins!

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s actually very hard when you don’t know the number of people who can actually operate the machines. If you hire some donkey to just run it for your so called NOON groom he’s just going to ruin the trail more potentially and then I can’t imagine the how you would complain. It takes 6-7hrs on a good day to groom Rensahw. Don’t like it. Go to revy.

Great posts Maxwell and Higgins!
Didn't think it took that long to do a groom - I'm fine with the whoops I've got a 174 with raptors - didn't think it would be that hard to run a snowcat either - from a sledders point of view we just see the amount of cash they bring in on the wknd and wonder why they can't do a 2nd groom - don't experience it from the groomer seat my bad

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And so the yearly bitching about grooming starts. If your going to exaggerate, try to be a bit closer. ON has 30,000 km of trails. They also have several magnitude greater number of trail users, 26,000 pass holders so far this year. Their pass price is 190-270/year, or 35 for a day pass. Does allow you to ride any of those trails. Bet BC snowmobile federation dreams of those kind of numbers.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was Renshaw busy? How many guys up? its been quiet there for the last few years.

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a awesome time at Lucille and belle snow was best I can remember. Try Ed to download pictures but not working

DooDoo

Reaction score
Yes the Renshaw is getting groomed tonight. After the brutal ride up this morning I was not looking forward to the ride down in the evening. Best sight of the day was seeing the groomer near the top on the way down. Lots of snow up top left. Just curious tho as to why does Mcbride Club being a BCSF club not give discounts to other BCSF club members? Most places I have rode will give you a discount for being part of a BCSF club. Not a big deal tho. Also seen SAR out again on our way out. Hope everything is ok.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the Renshaw is getting groomed tonight. After the brutal ride up this morning I was not looking forward to the ride down in the evening. Best sight of the day was seeing the groomer near the top on the way down. Lots of snow up top left. Just curious tho as to why does Mcbride Club being a BCSF club not give discounts to other BCSF club members? Most places I have rode will give you a discount for being part of a BCSF club. Not a big deal tho. Also seen SAR out again on our way out. Hope everything is ok.
They honor your membership if you are buying a seasons pass, but no discount on the daily passes.

DooDoo

Reaction score
They honor your membership if you are buying a seasons pass, but no discount on the daily passes.
Ya ok thanks for the reply. Most will give you a discount for the daily passes. No big deal tho. I have no issues paying the $25, was just curious.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Kanedog/Colbee spark plug transfer has occurred. Colbee walked to the Sandman from the Travelodge to pick up a spark plug. He chose to walk because he had a few beers. Be like Colbee. Don’t drink and drive. I shoulda gave you a beer for the walk home Colbee. Sorry about that. Still one spark needed if anyone has one.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We met the groomer when we were coming down renshaw at 3pm.

I actually didn’t think the trail was that bad this morning, Ive seen it way worse. I was worth it too, lots of untouched. Powder coming over the hood all day this morning and afternoon. There is a wind blown harder layer under the fluff. The pic if my sled makes it look like the snow sucks but im actually up to my waste in it taking the photo of it.

Hit Renshaw, there is tons of fresh left. Get it before it settles, and play safe.

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ontario has 100,000kms of groomed snowmobile trails. They seem to do ok. 30kms in BC should be somewhat manageable.

How many 3” 175’s you think they have on those trails? Just saying. The groomers would love to be able to have us ride table top trails all winter. They do their best for us.

Top Bottom