2018 Skidoo Predictions?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope they don't update the 50 year old kill switch!:rolleyes:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freeride 850 and a 175 summit. I doubt there will be any improvement over the 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting that Doo is releasing early this year as per facebook...16th of Feb..10 days from now...highlighting all of their previous industry innovations..obviously leading up to something..

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting that Doo is releasing early this year as per facebook...16th of Feb..10 days from now...highlighting all of their previous industry innovations..obviously leading up to something..

I noticed that as well. It has me curious.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First stocker with boost. Would like to see them team up with a premier shock company from factory.

Last edited:

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode with a guy from Seattle last week at Revy that was also riding a G4. We got talking about next year and he said he has a friend in the know that has been very reliable on tidbits and says BRP will have stock boost on a Summit model next year? I am hesitant to believe him as I have friends that are in the know as well and not a peep has been said from them but it was an interesting comment to say the least.

They can't get rid of under hood heat now and hve way to may issues BRP is no where close to ready for boost on a G4. If they stck with the XM or possibly polaris (they were the first in the side by side i believe) If BRP was to come out with boost next year it would be a disaster like the current modle. Rene just posted a picture of an Axys and a G4 that rode together all day the G4 is a frozen ice ball and the Axys looks perfect. way to much under hood heat to add a factory turbo. Lots of guys have done aftermarket turbos been pretty mixed reviews other then lods of power as expected.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this forum has been predicting factory boost every single year since the release of the 670x summit. it will happen, not this year....maybe not next year either but you can guarantee skidoo will be the ones to doo it.

BRP wasn't the first to turbo a side by side and is nop where close to being able to do a facrtory turbo reliable on a G4. If anything the Axys would be good for turbo as is or if the new cat motor which just looks like an updated suzuki may be ready long before the G4. i love boosted sleds but no way even at an amazing price would i take a G$ with a turbo next year. their would be more of those burn on the hill then 1100 turbo cats ever did.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not one single person on this site outrides a stock 850. This sled doesn't need boost it's already an animal. The low end grunt off the bottom of this motor is unreal. Just clean up the first year glitches and it will undeniably be the best sled on the snow for 2018.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not one single person on this site outrides a stock 850. This sled doesn't need boost it's already an animal.

Speak for yourself but boost is nice.

I've seen this type of comment for years and the sleds keep on getting better so guys riding them must be getting better as well.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outriding can mean different things. Obviously no one needs more hp on a trail. but if the snow is deep and I get stuck in the flats then I can use way more. Some days these things just don't have enough power. Oh. and i'm a below average rider.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not allways need but want. I have a stock XM and rode stock 850's wich are fun for sure. My turbo Axys ups the amount of fun 100 times over boost makes it way more fun to ride! 9 out of 10 times the guys saying no one needs a turbo haven't spennt much time on a newer oull and go system or can't afford to buy one.

Top Bottom