2016 Snow Check Pricing

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on track,

a&e racing had a decent price plus incentive for the year.

Not it sure where Motor Tech is at but that's one place I would spend a couple extra bucks, they have always treated me great there for the times I needed something. They usually sell there sleds without the PST, be sure to let them know it's a out of. Province sale.

edit... At 16k OTD, you could pickup a 2015 model at 12 and put a 3" track and still have money for gas in the end. It will work just as good as a new T3.

Last edited:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He problem with picking up an SP and putting a 3" track on it is that it will not perform as well as the T3 does been there done that many of times. Keep searching for a T3 it will be worth it
Season is done for me. Selling my yellow t3 163. 700 km. panels are brand new as I changed mine to manta green and took yellow ones off. 4 year warrenty and e start added on. Tater if interested pm me.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Sounds like the guy at bow cycle was out to lunch on all southern Alberta dealerships being the same price... Cochrane dealer says they've got a better price, waiting for them to tell me what it is.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is always interesting to me how folks will travel to a dealer they donot know and make a buy and then expect the local dealer to look after them when
there is a legit warranty issue with there sled or whatever rec vehicle they are riding
I get the pricing thing in comparing but I also consider all the other reasons for buying a sled and Price is not the first thing on my agenda
If you are bent on price then I truly believe you are headed down a road of being disappointed at some point in getting looked after for service

Martins have been excellent for me over a 18 year span and it started with an a 98 X
The Dealer that provides the complete deal is Martins You cannot beat them
There are lots of great dealers out there and I hope you get the deal you want

We all need to see fair pricing and I donot have any expectations for a dealer to see stuff at a loss We need healthy dealers and its not easy being a Rec Products dealer
Most of the public has NO Idea of the margins these dealers make but trust me its not very good and when you think about the millions of dollars they commit to inventory its not a great return unless you have a year like 2013/ 2014 winter then you sell everything you can
2014/2015 Not so nice to the dealers in the west

Done ranting

Good Night

Birdie

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
In the past, I've had more luck with my non-local dealer than my local dealer when it came to warranty work, turn around time and getting it fixed (As Oler said, Motortech in Golden is awesome).
And if these sleds truly work the way skidoo expects them to, I shouldn't need any warranty work.... my current sled being a serious anomaly/lemon.

As far as fair pricing goes, I find it difficult to buy from a dealer that consistently charges more than MSRP for parts... they'll drop it to MSRP if you bring a print out of what its supposed to cost (skidoo online), but I shouldn't have to do that... it's not like I'm up in Fort St John or something where trucking costs would be higher.

As for margins, I've seen the cost numbers for parts more than a few times and the markup is pretty large, typically 30-40%. Can't say for sleds, but MSRP usually has a healthy margin, never mind $600 for PDI... PDI takes under 3 hours near as I can tell.

All that said, I've been PM'd by several dealers with sub MSRP prices so I'm glad to see that there is some competition to get me in their door.

Anyways, my rant is over.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
And even with this bad year for sleds, only one dealership is selling the 2015's at anywhere close to cost. And a bad year for snow usually means a good year for quads, sxs, motorcycles, boats, jet skis, and other stuff... so the dealers aren't hurting that bad this year.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woah. Don't let deaner see that LoL. Problem is a lot of people are forced from their local dealer not just from price but sometimes the service sucks too so they drive far to get both!

Lets see the invoice for your sled. And might as well throw any of the mods that bought through Martin as well. In one of your last posts you said something about if Martin didnt help you out on price like they did you would still be on your 2010. But you still have no problem coming on here and constantly spouting that me and everyone else should just shut up and pay full retail there for the "experience". Of course you are going to say that! You want to keep your sweet deal going.

I promote Courtney motorsports because Stew is an awesome guy, and their prices rock. I too am on a limited budget, especially now with 2 kids, so hey.....I like to save money too. But I dont need to screw over my fellow sledder to get that deal.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets see the invoice for your sled. And might as well throw any of the mods that bought through Martin as well. In one of your last posts you said something about if Martin didnt help you out on price like they did you would still be on your 2010. But you still have no problem coming on here and constantly spouting that me and everyone else should just shut up and pay full retail there for the "experience". Of course you are going to say that! You want to keep your sweet deal going.

I promote Courtney motorsports because Stew is an awesome guy, and their prices rock. I too am on a limited budget, especially now with 2 kids, so hey.....I like to save money too. But I dont need to screw over my fellow sledder to get that deal.

I didn't say that anywhere get a life man. Did you even read the fawking post you quoted

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't say that anywhere get a life man. Did you even read the fawking post you quoted

No just sick of the usual BS and calling a spade a spade. If people like Martins and are happy with the value they get for their dollar......great. Really it is. I dont have a problem with them. But anytime anyone comes on here looking to shop based on price they get jumped on. To each thier own.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regarding the actual topic of this thread, I got a price from the local doo dealer today. The 174 T3 X is $1000 more than it was last year, for exactly the same sled. Is anyone else seeing this price jump from last year?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regarding the actual topic of this thread, I got a price from the local doo dealer today. The 174 T3 X is $1000 more than it was last year, for exactly the same sled. Is anyone else seeing this price jump from last year?

$1000 more, don't think so ,I asked and was told the price was only 250 more than last year.

And wtf is with doo charging more for the yellow and the red t3? Is that normal or new for this year??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$1000 more, don't think so ,I asked and was told the price was only 250 more than last year.

And wtf is with doo charging more for the yellow and the red t3? Is that normal or new for this year??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They have been charging an extra couple hundred for the fancy colors for the past couple years. In '14 the matte black was a $200 touch as was the '15 X T3 in yellow and the '15 X Orange and the red/White SP...

Top Bottom