2016-17 winter weather predictions by the Weather Network.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thought I'd put this out there and see where the BS really ends up. With all the technology meteorologists have these days, it is amazing they aren't more correct than what they are.

thumb (1).jpg

thumb.jpg

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 2.5 159 this year as opposed to my previous 2" 136's. Should be a good season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its going to be average. If anything the November snow will be good, maybe better than last November, December will be average, January will be good one week and horrible the next, and Mid February will have some fresh pow with good riding ending in March.

By those maps I guaranty you I am not heading to Norther Ontario or Quebec to ride just because thats what the prediction says.:p

Everything can change with a typhoon or hurricane, maybe a meteor or volcanic eruption leading to either some cooling off the oceans or most of the lower mainland of BC sinking into the abyss...I guess we can only hope :)

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I predict it is going to be epic deep snow, based on the fact I'm running a 2.5 in track this year instead of a 3inch.

It would not surprise one bit that you end up with a preference of the 2.5" over the 3". The 2.5 is alot more fun to play with and has less of a tractor straight line type pull. Just not enough slippage with the 3" on an 800 and too much hookup to whip around. IMO. Even on the turbo's with 70+mph track speeds it tended to keep the sled too flat and less maneuverable. But for climbing.......HOLY MOLY, watch out.

My buddy Chad and i both ran the 3" a couple season's ago and now run 2.5 for that very reason....its just more fun. But you can't beat that 3" for climbing, hands down the best track for climbing, especially on a turbo.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would not surprise one bit that you end up with a preference of the 2.5" over the 3". The 2.5 is alot more fun to play with and has less of a tractor straight line type pull. Just not enough slippage with the 3" on an 800 and too much hookup to whip around. IMO. Even on the turbo's with 70+mph track speeds it tended to keep the sled too flat and less maneuverable. But for climbing.......HOLY MOLY, watch out.

My buddy Chad and i both ran the 3" a couple season's ago and now run 2.5 for that very reason....its just more fun. But you can't beat that 3" for climbing, hands down the best track for climbing, especially on a turbo.

Yeah forsure, I'm going back to a 154 also.(was on a 163 last year) I find the shorter tracks way funner to ride. Big track is nice on really deep days though.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah forsure, I'm going back to a 154 also.(was on a 163 last year) I find the shorter tracks way funner to ride. Big track is nice on really deep days though.
Yes i would completely agree the shorter tracks are way more fun and i would my self not be on a 174 but would rather be on a 163 or even a 154. But my weight would dictate a 163 though i suspect.
The only reason i run a 174 is because my sled is used as part of Vernon's/Enderby search and rescue equipment and i need the ability to tow a toboggan with a body in it over steep terrain. Plus i need the ability to carry rescue gear. SAR's equipment is limited and relies a lot on volunteer's.
Thus why i ride what i ride.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's normal?

It'll snow, then it'll melt, then it'll snow some more........I'll whine about having to plow and shovel.....then it'll melt too soon and I'll whine about winter being too short......then I'll get out the summer toys and quit whining. :D

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What's normal?

It'll snow, then it'll melt, then it'll snow some more........I'll whine about having to plow and shovel.....then it'll melt too soon and I'll whine about winter being too short......then I'll get out the summer toys and quit whining. :D

Then it will rain and you will whine...............then it will snow and you will whine............then you will go for a ride and hit a tree and you will whine...........never ending circle buddy!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then it will rain and you will whine...............then it will snow and you will whine............then you will go for a ride and hit a tree and you will whine...........never ending circle buddy!

Hmmmmmmm. I think I see a recurring theme here. :hmm:

Top Bottom