2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

miket7070

Reaction score
IMG_0257.jpg IMG_0260.jpg

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paid $25 at Alan creek for a GARBAGE trail today. No groomer. Whoops from parking lot to cabin.

Trail was groomed Thursday evening. The reason it was rough was because 50 cm fell over night. That tree that was across the trail was hand cut by 2 guys that broke trail this am at 7:30. Trail really wasn't that bad. Vibe today a lot worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will get it top notch again when conditions are better for grooming. Bet on it.:cool: Snow looks awesome up top!! Of course it would drop a load like that on my week to be on shift.:rolleyes:

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will get it top notch again when conditions are better for grooming. Bet on it.:cool: Snow looks awesome up top!! Of course it would drop a load like that on my week to be on shift.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that buddy were gonna load and go Sunday night. Hopefully theres still some untouched for us. Let it snow!!

snowhunter

Reaction score
When I first started sledding in the mountains nothing was groomed hardly we smashed our way in on that old back breaking iron and though life couldn't get better.....I rode cuz I loved it not to pose with my iron and be a hero on that groomed trail, to bad the world has got so soft these clubs have far bigger problems to deal with like keeping these areas open so that there is a reason to groom then worrying that the trail is glass smooth everyday.....get out there and ride or stay home and leave the snow to me.....

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paid $25 at Alan creek for a GARBAGE trail today. No groomer. Whoops from parking lot to cabin.

I see with only 6 posts you are either very new to snowmobiling or have not had the time to read posts on grooming trails.

Before you bash the very hard work of VOLUTEERS and CLUBS please take 10 minutes and read this link on GROOMING trails. As you can see it is a very complex process depending on snow, temperature, altitude, type of trail and the number of sleds using the trail.

So please read SNOW GROOMING MANUAL;

http://www.snowmobilers.org/groomer_guide/GroomerGuidecomplete.pdf

If after reading this manual 3 or 4 times so you understand the concept, that you find a continuing problem the groomer operator is doing wrong then gladly post a comment indicating the problem and reference to the manual for page number, article number and how you would correct the problem. Please indicate the years of grooming you have done and on what snowcat you operate. Thank you in advance.

Also what is not in the manual;
- each groomer & drag depending on age costs from $50,000.00 to $300,000.00 EACH
- Each groomer will burn about 200 litres of diesel each trip and a hell of a lot more if during a heavy snow fall!!!!
- these snow cats on average require as much money in parts as the burn in fuel. So double your fuel bill, will equal operation costs.

Thanks to those who spend their nights grooming in the dark so we can ride during the day!!!!

Last edited:

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the trail is groomed at night for those little wienie soft riders in the morning, so that they can fly up the trail, but after during the night it snows a foot or more then as sleds leave parking lot the trail will get whooped out real fast. Not groomers fault if it snows at night. Now most experienced riders will not care as they want lots of new snow more than a smooth trail. I have been doing this for 26 yrs, and back in the day you spend the night before getting paddles on, changing jets, and springs in clutches to go to mountains. Now all these spoiled brats with money buy sleds out of box and go. So they have no ideal who a real snowmobiler is. I wish they didn't make sleds like today or groomed. We would go to allan on a saturday back in the 90's and there would only be six trucks in parking lot.. It was never rode out, and cabins were always clean. Now mountaineer, guys like you, young and old think that your gods latest gift to sledding. People like you are more of a problem than Wigglie and the caribou. Thanks for your time.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Pete you still changing paddles and jets lol,I have been sledding for a while to but I wouldn't trade my 14 xm for the old 650 wildcat I had , don't think having a new sled makes you less of a snowmobiler .whinning about trails that is a different story.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow....thanks for that. And thank you to everyone else for you understanding and support. We are doing the best we can with the RAIN, SNOW and Temperatures. Please read the grooming schedule and choose your location accordingly....

Even though it does nothing and is a large safety hazard, we have also sent the groomer up this afternoon for an extra shift to try to help as much as we can for the riders coming down. Sorry you weren't impressed with our efforts.

And yes, its deep up there!

Attachments

• 20151204_102256_resized.jpg
    20151204_102256_resized.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 496
  • 20151204_105116_resized.jpg
    20151204_105116_resized.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 497
  • 20151204_111257_resized.jpg
    20151204_111257_resized.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 497
  • 20151204_131945_resized.jpg
    20151204_131945_resized.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:

snowhunter

Reaction score
Don't apologize Curtis u guys are doing ur best let's just be happy that so far the year is shaping up epic and pray it keeps up .....maybe that guy wants the no snow concrete from last year

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

miket7070

Reaction score
We were In clemina today trail was fantastic and the snow was very deep but the visibility was terrible but was still a great day.

Top Bottom