2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to your riding partner Caper for stopping and helping us figure out how to ride my sled out after breaking rear suspension in my sled

I'm glad he stopped to help you as well, we got separated when I stopped to see if another group need help getting their sled out of a hole.
I was riding around looking for him and was wondering where he went to. Lol
I seen you fellas made it to the truck ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a riding buddy for wed or thurs this week for chapel or clemina.
text me 7808867764

thanks!

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys if anyone is looking for accomadations we have a few spots left at the moment .
250-566-9936

Summit River Lodge
Valemount's Best Kept Secret

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm going to be heading up Thursday / Friday with my 13 year old son. This will be his first trip riding a sled on his own. It's just the 2 of us so if anyone wants to join up for some easy meadow riding and introduction to beacon searching etc. we'd welcome company. Be a pretty laxidaisy couple days.

BIGTUNA118

Reaction score
I will give my two cents from the riding over the weekend... if you go off of the beaten path low in the trees (and not in caribou closures or fores regenerations) you can find some really deep snow.... that is all

Dirty_Maximus

Reaction score
Hey guys, was planning on coming up Thursday to ride the weekend and was just wondering how the Avalanche conditions are and if a guy should postpone his trip.

ProRmk800

Reaction score
Just curious when the next VARDA update is? I know its probably been a extremely hard week for curtis and his crew after the devastating tragedy down the road in Mcbride. Just wondering if you have been out this week. Once again keep up the awesome work Varda!

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are heading out to the field now and will return with some info.

The interesting part of all this is the avalanche conditions are really not any worse as they are usually (hence the ratings from Avalanche Canada). Yes there are persistent issues out there in the snowpack, but in the interior mountains, there is almost always a problem out there somewhere, we just have to learn how to find where it is (by reading bulletins and MIN observations) and avoid it. Or if you have the training and skills to search and out and test for it, do it! (but only if you have the training and experience.)

You will be just fine riding meadows and low angle terrain. The snowpack is improving every day as the storms have ceased for now. Just give overhead hazards a wide birth as the chance of remote triggering is still there.

Above all, GET TRAINED and read the bulletins and the forecast details daily! Understand that there may be problems in the snow pack and avoid them if you do not have the training and experience to manage them safely.

Our phones and emails have been going off with people asking for updates on the Avalanche Conditions which is awesome. My only wish is that one day it will not take a tragedy for the masses to be interested and keen on discussing and sharing avalanche information.

Ride safe everyone!

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Leave some of those meadows for us tomorrow bud.....lol

We are heading out to the field now and will return with some info.

The interesting part of all this is the avalanche conditions are really not any worse as they are usually (hence the ratings from Avalanche Canada). Yes there are persistent issues out there in the snowpack, but in the interior mountains, there is almost always a problem out there somewhere, we just have to learn how to find where it is (by reading bulletins and MIN observations) and avoid it. Or if you have the training and skills to search and out and test for it, do it! (but only if you have the training and experience.

You will be just fine riding meadows and low angle terrain. The snowpack is improving every day as the storms have ceased for now. Just give overhead hazards a wide birth as the chance of remote triggering is still there.

Above all, GET TRAINED and read the bulletins and the forecast details daily! Understand that there may be problems in the snow pack and avoid them if you do not have the training and experience to manage them safely.

Our phones and emails have been going off with people asking for updates on the Avalanche Conditions which is awesome. My only wish is that one day it will not take a tragedy for the masses to be interested and keen on discussing and sharing avalanche information.

Ride safe everyone!

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A crew of us are heading to Allen Creek tomorrow at 4am we hope to shred her up....hope it's not pounded but will be by Saturday

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still not 100% sure but looking for a group to with Saturday because my buddy is in a AST course.

I Ride with shovel, prove and beacon but no avy pack. I would call my self an expericed and good rider.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The forecast is calling for snow and we have a cpl spots left in the lodge and 2 cabins available this weekend if anyone is looking.
$135 p/person including all meals.
Or this weekend only
Cabins $135 upto 3 ppl -
- no meals.
Give us a call
And check us out 250-566-9933
Thanks

Summit River Lodge
Valemount's Best Kept Secret

ProRmk800

Reaction score
Which areas in vale are in the cariboos and which areas are in the north columbia according to avalanche canada. I've been stump all morning on this i can't remember

Top Bottom