2014 XM Can

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna break it in on the suitcase then toss an HPS on.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to run the stocker for a bit. I was really hoping for an NPP this year like my previous sleds, but unfortunately that won't be happening. Looks like i'll have to keep an eye on here to find the next best thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the idea of the titanium can that is for sale on snowest, but it is pricey.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I've had this baby, TheThing, on two Etec's already and it will be going on the third one this winter..........available from the SledShed in Revy. Al and Kathy are great to deal with and this is a great product. Never any problems/codes and my imagination wanders a bit when it comes to hot lunches on the mountain! :D

This can sounds great; not too loud with a nice WOT bark in the hills. Trail wise it is relatively quiet.

The Thing Inside !Caution! - YouTube

Hot meals with TheThing - YouTube

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to run the stocker for a bit. I was really hoping for an NPP this year like my previous sleds, but unfortunately that won't be happening. Looks like i'll have to keep an eye on here to find the next best thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Can't believe how loud the NPP XM can is! It's an ear bleeder but nice sound.

I run The Thing on my 13XM. Runs good with no codes,fit and finish is top notch, nice sound, not too loud at all and hot food in the backcountry!

I've never seen a Thing in person but the really long pie cuts and mig welding do not justify the high price for me. I would not call that top notch fit and finish the industry standard is mandrel bends and tig or at least much cleaner mig.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the idea of the titanium can that is for sale on snowest, but it is pricey.
went ahead and ordered a ti can,was also thinking hps,but for a extra hundred bucks why not go ti and have a can thats less than 2.5 lbs

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thread said xm can...yet you still clicked on it,despite the fact you dont like can threads...you may have issues:p

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a MBRP on my 13 and have since taken it off, lots of burbles in the midrange wide open it was fine, went back to stock, problem gone.
Might try something else, probably HPS.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered a thing cooker for the new x today. Sure does look back yard built and a little pricey but the access to the cooker is what sold me. With the faster cookn time there is sure to be a few burnt lunches by losing track of time. Gonna have to put a baking timer on the bars lol. Havent heard of any problems but has anybody had any codes or bogs with this can?

Top Bottom