2014 skidoo 4 year engine warranty

gmac

Reaction score
Is it all inclusive or major failure type of warranty? I have had coolant sweating at the base gasket since the first ride in December and really don't want the engine torn apart unless absolutely necessary.

gmac

Reaction score
It's not burning coolant but after a ride there is just this little damp area on the gasket between the jugs on the front side of the monoblock, I thought/hoped it might heal itself.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a retorque?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will have to pull head to re-torque cylinders. Guessing pulling the head yourself would probably void warranty.

You can take it in and see what they say, probably going to tell you its normal to avoid tearing it apart. I would run it and not worry about it, you still have lots of warranty time left on the motor, if it doesn't show up by the time warranty runs out, probably not an issue.

If the coolant level is not dropping and the plugs are not white, then its not likely leaking inside the case. You can get the system pressure tested and see if its holding pressure, if its bleeding off then it might be leaking internally if there is no fluid coming outside (more than just dampness I mean actual fluid drips).

I bought a little 5 mm inspection camera at Home Depot for under $100 on sale a few weeks ago. its great for things like this, fits nicely into cylinders, crankcases etc. Maybe pick one up and shove it up the y-pipe and into the spark plug hole, might even get it down a transfer port a little, see what you can see without ripping the engine down?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A sled in our group had a base gasket blow out after leaking for a few 100 km. I would get it looked at when its convenient. That will make sure it doesn't ruin a days sledding for you.

Top Bottom