2014 Polaris Line up release

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 2011, people were looking for change. Polaris had it. Everyone else were sitting on their duffs and riding the tide...

I got into sledding just a couple years ago, so I didn't experience it first hand. But I have never been able to figure out how the 2011 Pro 800 was the best selling sled, period. Who was crazy enough to buy a Polaris 800 after all of the 800 and 900 problems in 08, 09, and 10? Apparently a lot of people. I'm not saying they didn't improve the reliability for 11, but customers had no way of knowing it would be any better than the previous years.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that so many people have validated it as being ok to market a product with these issues, especially when there are other manufacturers that are reliable right out of the box. It's even better that so many of these same people went through the Dragon 800 fiasco and still didn't switch manufacturers.

I have been running the Pol 800 since 03, 05 900 cat seized the first time I didn't put oil in my gas tank, 08 Dragon, 11 Pro, 13 Pro and have not been let down once. I find it Hilarious that doo riders go through so much effort to write about how bad a sled is that they don't own lol, I run good fuel and good oil and I have never in my 25 years of mountain riding had as much fun as I do on my Pro. I would have to guess there are a couple or 20000 other people who feel the same, I for one will be checking a 2015 60th Anniversary model.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poos don't need strong bumpers, not them doing the pulling, hmmmmmmmmmmm

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to see!!

Most guys are tired of the crap...It's better this year than last. It seems like a genuine conversation going on here for the most part.

Some say honest undeniable facts.... it goes both ways.
If you are happy with what you ride, that is great!! after all, that is what matters...

I have been running the Pol 800 since 03, 05 900 cat seized the first time I didn't put oil in my gas tank, 08 Dragon, 11 Pro, 13 Pro and have not been let down once. I find it Hilarious that doo riders go through so much effort to write about how bad a sled is that they don't own lol, I run good fuel and good oil and I have never in my 25 years of mountain riding had as much fun as I do on my Pro. I would have to guess there are a couple or 20000 other people who feel the same, I for one will be checking a 2015 60th Anniversary model.

rydemx

Reaction score
I know of quite a few buddies that had their sleds lifted off the mtn for 4-500$ . Why anyone would want to tow something with your popcan pro is beyond me even with a different rear bumper .... The tunnels are weak looking at them ! Over the years and with the price of belts etc , just call a helicopter .

Where the hell is a heli ride only $400 ?? Try doubling or tripling that amount.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What are you running for oil? I run royal purple 2 stroke snowmobile. With my discount its about $60 a jug. Fuel is 94 octane non ethanol at roughly $1.36-1.40 ltr because bc gets f'd on fuel tax.

I have had good luck with royal purple keeping the power valves clean.

Running 100:1 alone with oil injecting to break in a piston. It's a little smokey on my first tank lol.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True they charge by the hour and it took .78 of an hour which was how selkirk helicoptors charged us. Way back at keystone
all depends where you are. mcbride has an area you can see town from. so naturally would only take a half hour to recover

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you running for oil? I run royal purple 2 stroke snowmobile. With my discount its about $60 a jug. Fuel is 94 octane non ethanol at roughly $1.36-1.40 ltr because bc gets f'd on fuel tax.

I have had good luck with royal purple keeping the power valves clean.

Running 100:1 alone with oil injecting to break in a piston. It's a little smokey on my first tank lol.

I have been running Blue Marble since 03 and I love it, I even had to change to fuel setting on my chainsaw because it picked up rpm after the first few tanks with it. Don't know the science behind it but I am a believer for sure.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Majority of Polaris owners are die hard owners like every other brand has.

Not this guy. This is my first Polaris. I rode everything I could in the spring of 2011 and the Pro was the chassis the absolutely felt right. If someone builds something that feels better to me than the Pro, I'm on it.

Top Bottom