2014/2015 Blue River snow conditions

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what we're going too call it.

Gold Glacier.jpg Josh Top of the World.jpg Top of the World.jpg

2strokefumes

Reaction score
It's not a closure area. Digger is a guide and knows all the legal riding areas. It would be bad for his business to be riding in a closure area.
Sorry Digger, Enjoy the area while you can, before Weigle says he seen a Caribou in there and gets the Bark eaters to close it to sledders "But" not to heli ski ing

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Into Foam on Sunday, trail up was brutal lotsa stops needed to cool engine and sliders. Into Chappell on Monday, trail to half way was nasty lotsa stops again to cool down. Once up top Heli skiers worked it over. Some small areas with 1-2 ft. Few Avy's and sluffs going on also.
Talked to guys that tried to get Salmon on Monday said it was brutal and didn't make it. Then went to ground hog with a couple inches there.

Saw a few trailers heading west today, I dought if I'd be wasting my time and money at this point.

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After 2 weeks without fresh I caught a glimpse of a snowline yesterday afternoon through the clouds and rain.

8+ inches of fresh before lunch and 12+ inches by 6pm tonight above 5200 feet.

Dumped on us all day and poured rain in the valley, will try and take pictures tomorrow.

This might be the last kick at the can, if you can make it out this weekend it will be worth it.

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probed 75cm's + of fresh storm snow today, and still snowing above 5500'.

Finn Creek trail only has a sled width of snow and ice for the first 3kms with gravel in the middle, then snow/ice to 7km.

pirate01

Reaction score
Rode Foam ... First 5 Kms whooped out . Had to stop
4 times getting hot. Once up into the Alpine 2' of Fresh POW snowed all day n still snowing...

Top Bottom