2013 xm clutch or brake problems?

danmilton87

Reaction score
At the end of a good day ridding start having boggin issues would rev quick to 6800 rpm then slowly climb thru the 7000s. Also my brake is makeing a clunking noise when on even when stopped. Seemed it was trying to keep driving with no throttle.
Any ideas would be very helpful will start lookin at it tomorrow morning

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is your belt deflection at? The clunk sound could be coming from the secondary?

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also it looked like his primary had a pretty good wobble to it. Enough to make the whole sled shake. It almost seemed like the primary was trying to engage. any help would be greatly appreciated as we want to ride everyday through Christmas break and all the shops are closed.

danmilton87

Reaction score
Also i think my brake was a bit sticky the park brake alarm came on twice during the later half of the day

danmilton87

Reaction score
Ok this morning the sled was hard to start and jumped forward when i started it the engine light was on
Any ideas ?

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Primary
sounds like worn bushing binding primary and keeping tension on belt or deflection too tight

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is what the primary looks like on the out side. There is something broken there. Is there anybody in the Okanagan who can help some boys out or do we have to wait till a shop opens up. Thank you to everyone for your help and merry Christmas to all!!

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That almost looks like what might be left of a bushing. You're gonna have to lift off the governor cup half of the clutch to expose the spring cup and ramps to see what you really have going on in there.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is what the primary looks like on the out side. There is something broken there. Is there anybody in the Okanagan who can help some boys out or do we have to wait till a shop opens up. Thank you to everyone for your help and merry Christmas to all!!

I agree It looks odd, Pull the gov cup off and let us know what you found. Im curious what that is.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where u at ??? I might be able to help ya take it apart , but depends on what's wrong inside.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where u at ??? I might be able to help ya take it apart , but depends on what's wrong inside.

We are in Vernon. And having a heck of a time pulling this clutch apart. We just don't have the right tools. Do we just have to doo the drop on the floor thing?

Last edited:

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google ibackshift, you'll find everything you need on Joey's web page

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Bounty

Reaction score
Thread puller into fixed half of clutch then hold up off work bench an inch or two. Then firmly hit the end the puller with a hammer. The fixed half should pop off from sliding half.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do ya have a puller or the water-bolt trick ??

Either way , thread the clutch bolt in the middle threads a few turns , turn it upside down and bang the clutch-bolt head on something hard. Will come into 2 1/2s.

I'm in Vernon also shopping

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, leave them alone, use a sharpie to match mark all your parts before proceed to the next step. Both sheaves etc.
Thread your clutch puller into the clutch, take a hammer and hit the puller to separate the inner sheave from the outer. It can be stubborn to separate. You can use a concrete floor as a hammer as well. Once they are separated you can start to lift the gov cup out of the outer sheave. Be careful that you don't lose the pucks that are just sitting in the cup, they are loose and it's ok if they fall out, but if you loose one it's game over its is found. Same as the o-ring on the puck.
One the gov cup is removed it will expose the spring cover and flyweight arms. The underside of the gov cup contains your ramps. If your not sue what you looking at/for post pics and we will help as mush as we can.

Sent from my iPad using

danmilton87

Reaction score
Do ya have a puller or the water-bolt trick ??

Either way , thread the clutch bolt in the middle threads a few turns , turn it upside down and bang the clutch-bolt head on something hard. Will come into 2 1/2s.

I'm in Vernon also shopping

Alright thanks got it all apart thats the broken peice

danmilton87

Reaction score
Im thinking that broken thing is from inside where the spring is there is a loose plastic bushing type thing in there also

Top Bottom