2013 track vibration ?

toddfarva

Reaction score
2013 PROCLIMB 153 250 miles
Does anybody else feel a vibration?
I Felt small vibration from day one but last ride it seemed to get way worse. Just curious if anyone else is feeling this.

cat925

Reaction score
2013 PROCLIMB 153 250 miles
Does anybody else feel a vibration?
I Felt small vibration from day one but last ride it seemed to get way worse. Just curious if anyone else is feeling this.
Check track alignment I have 2012 m8 plus 2012 1100 both with challenger tracks and about 1500 miles I still get some vibration either track rubbing on tunnel not sure

toddfarva

Reaction score
Its not rubbing, Idlers are all good, drivers look good, I checked it all out. If I run it on a stand I have to let off the throttle cause it shakes so bad.

thekrust

Reaction score
Powerclaw does tend to give alittle vibe but not like you are describing on the stand. Did you hit something?, possibly a bent drive shaft?

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, but change your belt to your spare, and try your same thing again. It seems like such a dumb thing today, but it is easily overlooked. Don't just roll your eyes. Try it.

thekrust

Reaction score
Good point there! A flat spot on the belt can cause one hell of a drivetrain vibe.

six buck

Reaction score
check your rail tip caps. I dropped my skid to the 2013 position and tightened up my front skid in an attempt to lighten up front end. With my rear skid set as loose as possible. This brought on a vibration that got progressively worse. Rail tip caps were completely gone and the rails were beginning to eat track clips. Got lucky, coulda ate the track. Putting on antistab. Hope it helps. Vibes worse in deeper crusty type snow.

toddfarva

Reaction score
Rode again and the vibration was minimal and got worse through out the day, Im thinking ice build up maybe. Also on a side note the tunnel bags that come on the le or sno checks are junk, wrecked my second bag already this year. The rivits that hold straps on pull out and the plastic buckles break easy. Thanks for the help!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the secondary bolts that hold the helix on. They could be starting to snap. The compression spring puts enough force outward that it can happen. It all starts with the vibration. Seen it this past weekend. Helix snapped right off

Last edited:
Top Bottom