2013 LE paint chipping...

2012ProRMK

Reaction score
My white 2012 Pro LE and the paint seems to be chipping off. By the front of the hood behind the bumper (from my gloves when I'm pulling on the bumper) and by the 'inlets' were the male portion of the side panel clicks in to the hood. Is anyone else seeing this?

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My white 2012 Pro LE and the paint seems to be chipping off. By the front of the hood behind the bumper (from my gloves when I'm pulling on the bumper) and by the 'inlets' were the male portion of the side panel clicks in to the hood. Is anyone else seeing this?

No problem on mine yet, Polaris is pretty good with paint, take pictures and take it back to the dealer they should be able to get you a new hood on warranty. Especially with very low miles.

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah my buddy's white LE is doing the same thing hopefully Polaris will warranty with new hood ????!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup when i pick up my new black pro rmk i was tell the mechanic that i wanted a white one and he said black was better as the white ones are painted and he seen a few allready paint chipping off them

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sound's like their hunting for an excuse, and they probably come back with the way out!!!!!!!!! SORRY YOU RIDE TO HARD(common problem when riding a poo:eyebrows:)

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also noticed that every Pro I look at has chips on the spring for the front skid shock. Even after 100 kms in decent snow.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also noticed that every Pro I look at has chips on the spring for the front skid shock. Even after 100 kms in decent snow.

I also noticed this both the skid shocks seem to chip to hell right away

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris might as well be Made in china. Same quality as there products I'm finding. Just sold the last polaris I will ever own.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris might as well be Made in china. Same quality as there products I'm finding. Just sold the last polaris I will ever own.
That probably deserves a little more explanation...Was it the only Polaris you ever owned, and you've only had it for a month? My 2012 has been great.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That probably deserves a little more explanation...Was it the only Polaris you ever owned, and you've only had it for a month? My 2012 has been great.
I just meant in general. Like rzr's driven by women that need $2000 in front end work in 900 miles. Transmissions in rzr that are very common to blow up and need replacing on 2009 or newer units with under a 1000 miles. My stock xp 900 worn out like it went to Iraq for desert storm. I even took it easy on rutted trails or rocky trails to save on wear and tear. They just lack the quality of toys built by others. I never owned a polaris sled a full season but the fit/finish isnt the same as the others. Lots of guys i ride with own them and most had major grief. There motors have only been reliable for 2 yrs and all of a sudden it's the best out there. Each to there own but paint should stick to a coil spring longer than a few 100 miles

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just meant in general. Like rzr's driven by women that need $2000 in front end work in 900 miles. Transmissions in rzr that are very common to blow up and need replacing on 2009 or newer units with under a 1000 miles. My stock xp 900 worn out like it went to Iraq for desert storm. I even took it easy on rutted trails or rocky trails to save on wear and tear. They just lack the quality of toys built by others. I never owned a polaris sled a full season but the fit/finish isnt the same as the others. Lots of guys i ride with own them and most had major grief. There motors have only been reliable for 2 yrs and all of a sudden it's the best out there. Each to there own but paint should stick to a coil spring longer than a few 100 miles
I've had no experience with their Side by sides. I just have my personal experiences with them, which have been great, so far...Hopefully I don't have to redact that comment later.

Top Bottom