2012 ARCTIC CAT 1100 Turbo

• Thread starter ASEMotorsportsTyler
  • Start date
A

ASEMotorsportsTyler

Yes... Even though the doo's are pretty much almost here already... becuase BRP is good at everything.. November would also be better haha ;)

OR is it because you guys just changed ur colors and decals for 2012?

A

ASEMotorsportsTyler

OOOOohhhhh. Cat doesnt change for like a decade..... Now the new chassis isnt even out yet and you make THAT comment? LOOOOOOOOOOOL

The new colors and decals have to atleast drop 5lbs and add 5hp.......if you put a monster decal on you"ll gain another 5hp lmao

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why mess with perfection?????????

I agree The m chassis rocked in the powder. Kicked ass on the drags. And the top end out lasted 3 brp short blocks. but what do I know. I am a yami guy.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I agree The m chassis rocked in the powder. Kicked ass on the drags. And the top end out lasted 3 brp short blocks. but what do I know. I am a yami guy.

Ditto

I've never ridden an M........

I run S-chassis doo summits

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
since where on AC sleds.... where are these things made?? i heard some where produced in japan, or parts anyway and they where going to have problems on delivery. But then again all there advertising says USA.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
since where on AC sleds.... where are these things made?? i heard some where produced in japan, or parts anyway and they where going to have problems on delivery. But then again all there advertising says USA.

I believe they have always been made in thief river falls USA but im not positive on that.

matm8snopro

Reaction score
I believe they have always been made in thief river falls USA but im not positive on that.

They are built in thief river falls, minnasota. My buddy's a cat mechanic and has been there for service schools and such stuff. He was telling me that cat is moving their engine plant their also, I think that was mentioned in snowtech also.... should be interesting to see the T1100 performs....hope it handles as good as the M.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are built in thief river falls, minnasota. My buddy's a cat mechanic and has been there for service schools and such stuff. He was telling me that cat is moving their engine plant their also, I think that was mentioned in snowtech also.... should be interesting to see the T1100 performs....hope it handles as good as the M.

I hope it's so fresh it makes the m series feel old style like king cats!! Man did those kick ass but there handling wasnt the best in the trees.

matm8snopro

Reaction score
moving.... so it is mayby made in japan.

Press Release -
Arctic Cat Announces Plan to Begin Manufacturing Snowmobile Engines in Minnesota

Arctic Cat to begin manufacturing snowmobile engines in its St. Cloud facility after 2014 model year

MINNEAPOLIS, June 10,2010 - Arctic Cat today announced that it has entered into an agreement to transition its snowmobile engine manufacturing from Suzuki Motor Corporation.

Arctic Cat will begin manufacturing "some" of its own snowmobile engines in St. Cloud, Minn., after the 2014 model year. Currently, Suzuki supplies all engines for Arctic Cat's snowmobiles. Suzuki will continue to supply the company with engine parts to service existing engines after the 2014 model year.

Commented Arctic Cat's chairman and chief executive officer Christopher A. Twomey: "Suzuki has been an outstanding engine supply partner for more than 25 years and remains a significant shareholder in Arctic Cat. However, we are changing our engine strategy in order to gain more control over our products, and enhance our ability to meet regulatory and performance requirements. This also will enable us to better utilize our current engine manufacturing capacity, resulting in potentially better costs."

Twomey added: "Our St. Cloud engine facility has been a great addition for the company since we began manufacturing our ATV engines there in 2007."

The 56,000-square- foot plant is located on 15 acres and currently employees 41 people. At this time, the company plans to use existing plant capacity and personnel during the transition. Arctic Cat expects snowmobile engine production to begin in St. Cloud in fiscal 2015.

-end release

The engine are probably built in japan or somewhere over there. Note that they are only building "some" of their engine in 2015....should be interesting.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Press Release -
Arctic Cat Announces Plan to Begin Manufacturing Snowmobile Engines in Minnesota

Arctic Cat to begin manufacturing snowmobile engines in its St. Cloud facility after 2014 model year

MINNEAPOLIS, June 10,2010 - Arctic Cat today announced that it has entered into an agreement to transition its snowmobile engine manufacturing from Suzuki Motor Corporation.

Arctic Cat will begin manufacturing "some" of its own snowmobile engines in St. Cloud, Minn., after the 2014 model year. Currently, Suzuki supplies all engines for Arctic Cat's snowmobiles. Suzuki will continue to supply the company with engine parts to service existing engines after the 2014 model year.

Commented Arctic Cat's chairman and chief executive officer Christopher A. Twomey: "Suzuki has been an outstanding engine supply partner for more than 25 years and remains a significant shareholder in Arctic Cat. However, we are changing our engine strategy in order to gain more control over our products, and enhance our ability to meet regulatory and performance requirements. This also will enable us to better utilize our current engine manufacturing capacity, resulting in potentially better costs."

Twomey added: "Our St. Cloud engine facility has been a great addition for the company since we began manufacturing our ATV engines there in 2007."

The 56,000-square- foot plant is located on 15 acres and currently employees 41 people. At this time, the company plans to use existing plant capacity and personnel during the transition. Arctic Cat expects snowmobile engine production to begin in St. Cloud in fiscal 2015.

-end release

The engine are probably built in japan or somewhere over there. Note that they are only building "some" of their engine in 2015....should be interesting.

TL;DR

sent from my android

Top Bottom