2012-2013 owners

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend had a 2011 silber turbos pro and he now has a stock 2013. He has the turbo but he says he's debating not putting it on. And stock to stock his 2013 pro out climbs his 2011. And he's saying he doesn't know if he will put the turbo on the 13. says he dosent know if its the belt drive but it just climbs and climbs. Both 2011 and 13s are 163s

He has a 2013, his dad and his cousin do too which I've all road with. I think he blew a drive belt off the bat and then no issues after that and they didnt have the shaft issues even with no collars.

I'm on the fence.

I was set to get a 2011-2012 polaris and doing 2013 boards and a rk tek drop in and raptor springs. Or a 2012 cat and by the sounds of it you need different skis. Some type of board insert. 38" front end and move the suspension to the 2013 holes and so on. But then again I could drive them stock and be happy.

But maybe I should just 2013 it and make sure it has the clamp and put a couple belts in the pack with the install tools and just drive the snot out of it???

Dan treadway seems super happy with his 2013 polaris. My friends are super happy with theirs.

I will never get a skidoo, hate skidoo fan boys, hate Quebec French people.

Anyone agree with him stating his 2013 climbs and has more noticeable power than his 2011? And if so if you have a 2013 stock 163 to sell next year pm me.

Last edited:

cat925

Reaction score
He's got to give his head a shake no way stock 13 pro will climb like a boosted 11 I want some of what he's smokin good luck with any stock 13 pro even climbing with stock 13 xm or stock m-8 I've had two buddy's sell there 13 pros cause there left to far behind

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's got to give his head a shake no way stock 13 pro will climb like a boosted 11 I want some of what he's smokin good luck with any stock 13 pro even climbing with stock 13 xm or stock m-8 I've had two buddy's sell there 13 pros cause there left to far behind

LMFAO wow what are you smoking buddy? Have you been to the mountains yet this year? You must not know sleds very well if you think the Pros can't keep up with a doo or a cat. Wow and the slobber comment yah doesn't supersize me that kit is junk and yes a stocker 13' will run circles around a 11' with a slobber kit on it. Toss the slobber in the garbage it won't fit on a 13 anyways.

To answer the question yes the 13's are that good go buy one you will not be disappointed!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't read. He said stock to stock his 2013 is completely different than his 2011. And it's so impressive that he's debating keeping it stock or at least doing some kind of rk tek kit. This kind of threw me cause that boosted 2011 looked super fun. His dad runs a 2012 174x3 inch with a silber and now drives a stock 13... Not sure his 13 is staying stock though.

Last edited:

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think twice about a '13 pro rmk. The pro holds side hills and other lines better than any other sled ive ridden. Compared a 2013 xm 163 and a 13 pro 163 in valemount first weekend in December. The etec has a solid motor and good power but it doesn't handle as well and feel as light as a pro, took more effort to hold a line on the xm. I outclimbed my buddy's pro on the xm then he outclimed me on the pro so in my honest opinion both sleds can climb if you know how to ride. Wish I could try a new cat also but the pro is definitely a wicked machine. Used to ride a rev and an xp before I bought my assault so I would say I'm not brand loyal, maybe only with doo and poo lol

Last edited:

Littledoo10

Reaction score
I just finished breaking in my 13 pro 155 after i bought it this weekend. I had, well still have until insurance gets back to me, a now smashed '10 xp 154 with an s36 front end, clutch kit from
cory micku, mbrp can and a c3 syncro-drive, and my honest opinion, i prefer the pro. Side hills like no tomorrow, can throw it around like its a dirt bike, feels light as a dirt bike, and feels to have just a bit more jam then my p-tek.
All my buddies are hard core kitty guys and i rode the pro climb cassie and noticed i couldnt control it like this pro or my xp, it constantly darted everywhere and i couldnt balance or kick it up on one side like this pro. The xp felt alot more planted and floated alot better in the deep pow in the trees then the pro climb. I havnt had my poo in the mountains yet so i cant comment on how well it is going to climb but i know if you enjoy tree riding, its the one to get. Thats just my opinion.

nelliej

Reaction score
I love my 13 Pro. For whatever reason the 13 feels like a total different sled than the 11 or 12. I will not deny that that E-tech is a great motor but this 13 Pro just flat out works. I rode with a 12 pro with a RKTek drop in kit and clutching and my 13 still pulls away from it. Just make sure you clamp them ;)

rydemx

Reaction score
Love my 12' pro but the quality just isn't there . Sure it's light but they're built like a pop can. 1700 miles on it and its been in and out of shop every cpl rides and had every bushing replaced .
I could go on and on with the list of repairs and but... Yesterday I rode a 13' pro didn't notice much of a difference compared to my 12' except it got up on the snow quicker . Rode a new skidoo Xm nice sled but didn't care for the handling And the front end likes to nose dive . Lastly I rode a new 13' M8 and I loved it , Very nimble and nice power. Thinking of switching over to a Cat!

I love my 13 Pro. For whatever reason the 13 feels like a total different sled than the 11 or 12. I will not deny that that E-tech is a great motor but this 13 Pro just flat out works. I rode with a 12 pro with a RKTek drop in kit and clutching and my 13 still pulls away from it. Just make sure you clamp them ;)

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode the 13 Pro 163 vs 12 Assaault 155 back to back and guess what the Assault pull way harder and climbed alot higher. Don't know why but it does.

06redrevx

Reaction score
I had a 12 pro 155 last year and a 13 pro 155 this year and all I can say is these 13's flat out work. Seems much more responsive and powerful than my 12.
The handling seems very similar but I think the 13's climb much better. Kind of hard to say without riding them same day and same conditions though

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen a 2013 Pro run away and hide from a 2011 (I own both of them).... I also rode with a couple XM between xmas and newyear, and the 13 Pro and XM's switched back and forth all day... nobody schooled anyone.. I rode with a 1100 cat... worked good but just too heavy for this guy, I would very much like to ride with a 2013 M8 snopro though!! :)

Last edited:

css

Reaction score
I am very happy with my 13 pro 163, night and day difference over the 11,12's. Was in revy last weekend with two 12 assaults one was a 174" the other a 155" both had PAR heads and hps cans and clutched, my pro is BONE STOCK and the 155 didnt stand a chance, the 174 was very close pretty much came down to line choice and skill, even drag racing it was pretty close and both me and the rider of the 174 are the same weight. we did lots of sled trading and everyone prefered the stock 13 163 over all the others, I am all for modding sleds but this is one sled that i think for now i am just gonna leave alone... motor anyway. I am gonna vent it and do some sort of shock upgrade but other than that this is by far the best stock sled i have ever ridden, In 2014 if polaris adresses some of the reliablility issues and refinine the belt drive there gonna have a winner for sure. my .02.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 12 pro 155 Es Last weekend I demoed a 13 163 pull start.I had them both out all day for 55 plus miles.Yes the 163 is snappy and gets on top of the snow quick.Other than that and the benefits of the longer track I could not notice much of a differance.I have also had a quick rip on a 13 155 and although I could feel the front end felt a little lighter [both ES] my 12 felt more powerfull.To me theres not enough differance to switch yet.With my 12 there is no belt,driveshaft or carbon fibre support issues as well.Running boards and seat are the biggest improvements I noticed. I already have BB and a MBRP can on mine

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard the thing that makes the 13 cats shine is that 2.6" track and of course the 160+ hp.

My friend runs a 13. His dad does. His cousin does and his brother is looking for one. If we need spare parts his dad will have them on hand. I bent a a arm on my iq and he had one. Makes sense to ride what they ride.

He also has a rk drop in and the rk big bore in his shop. So if I want to go that route he will probably already had installed those kits by then. He also has installed 2 silber turbos so if I want to go that route he probably knows what to and not to do that direction too. Can't beat that.

Top Bottom