2011 rmk assault - new track/clutch set-up ?

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually ride between 5000-9000ft elevation and have 62's in my sled. Compared to the pro rmk's, my assault has good power but seems like the pros can get it to the ground better. My question is.. Are the assault rmk's set up the same clutching wise as the pro's, or is it the heavier track that's making it feel like the power isn't getting to the ground as good? I was thinking about switching to the camo extreme 2.5" track with 2.86" pitch, which is the same pitch that pros and assaults have from stock, correct? Or am I better off just running the 5.1 series track instead of my current comp track? Just looking for some better and harder hook-up in deep powder basically.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The first thing to do is get a SLP Blue/pink primary spring. If the motor is stock then the 62g weights are good. If you have a pipe and a programmer go a few grams heavier, 64g or so. Also, take a look at the bellybuster weights, the have a bit more of the weight in the toe of the weight, which offers a bit better belt squeeze which should give you a little more track speed.

The camo extreme is an awesome track. That alone is a huge upgrade from the stock polaris track. If all you do is change the track and the primary spring, you will be very happy with how much better it will pull in the powder.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 assault and the biggest problem was the track only rode a week with it then couldnt take it so i got a 155 5.1 and swapped it over and it was a whole new machine. that track only hooks up if it can get through to some super hard packed snow in powder its like driving on a chainsaw. I couldnt climb hills old summit 144's were climbing.

clutching is good i wouldnt change it unless your adding power, mine holds 8200 no prob at 6000ft.
clutch is the exact same as the rmk's stock.
best bang for your buck get the challenger extreme, much better than the 5.1, however if you can get a 5.1 for cheap it will at least double your sleds deep snow performance over the competition track.

Top Bottom