2011 Pro RMK 800 Gearing Advice

nosaj82

Reaction score
So I have a 2011 Pro 800 155" and I am interested in gearing it down but not sure what gears to go with and what works well. The only Mods I have done to the sled are the fix kit, bikeman pipe, bikeman can and a Kurts clutch kit. Does anybody have any suggestions they are willing to share that proved to be successful? I am not interested in converting it to a belt drive as it is a little to expensive at the moment. Also will I need to adjust my weights?

Thanks in advance

nosaj82

Reaction score
Thanks man. I'm more of a tree rider so that may suit me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure stock is 20/42 you can go 19/43 and use the original chain, gives a nice bump to the bottom end grunt without limiting top speed to much.

Last edited:

EthanWbr

Reaction score
i agree with trench i went 19-43 with a heavier primary spring and heavier weights pulls great out of the hole

nosaj82

Reaction score
Again thanks for the response's. Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corey.greene

Reaction score
I went 19-46. You need 74 pitch chain. Good for tree riding.

Did you have to do clutch work when you geared down this low? I just installed these gears this summer but know I'm wondering if I need to get heavier weights or do something to the spring? I have the SLP blue spring and 62g weights now.

knocksum

Reaction score
I went with TRS clutch kit for 19-46. Its listed on snowest forums and ordered the kit from Rogers Sports Center . Custom 46/32 helix, 120-200 secondary spring, stock primary spring and 62 ish gram lightning weights. The 10-62s or 10-60s will work if on a budget. This will allow you to use the whole primary unlike the stock setup.

Also added green/white exhaust valve springs and Skidoo thermostat mod.

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Knocksum said, the stock setup can't and won't use the whole shift ratio of your clutches. You will never get to 1-1. If you gear down to 2.20 gear ratio you will not see a big difference to the top end with stock clutching and you use more of the clutchs.

Top Bottom