2011 outlander 800 gearcase input shaft seal

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a leaky oil seal on my imput shaft on the gearcase, was told i have to move the rear end to gain enough room to remove the back driveshaft to replace this, is this true or is there enough wiggle room to work

Was told the same thing on the front side to turn the diff and never had too, just wanna know how much time i am looking at to to do this.

thanks

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots!!!!! Yeah you have to move the rear diff about 6-8 inches back, drain the oil first or it is everywhere!

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to change the U joints and you need the room to get the driveshaft out because it is offset, and there is not very much room to move it. Remove the hitch bolts and the 4 main bolts and pull the Diff back and you then have enough room to pull out the driveshaft. Or you could move the motor forward but that is 20 times the work!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check you u joints good as it would be easy to change when it is pulled out any ways you do have to pull the diff back a fair ways to be able to get the drive shaft out

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k thanks guys, friggin thing didnt start leaking till i brought it in the shop lol, guess it knew.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might as well do a full service while you have it apart. Check those u joints thoroughly, don't want those bastards to go on you as it is a royal pain in the ass.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might as well do a full service while you have it apart. Check those u joints thoroughly, don't want those bastards to go on you as it is a royal pain in the ass.
u-joints are good- so are all joints :rolleyes: fixed and ready for some more.
:beer:
:beer:

Top Bottom