2011 - 2016 duramax

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done lots of high side systems, I doubt this would save it

Adding fuel conditioner to every tank will be the best to keep the pump lubed and lasting longer

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tex , just wondering as it’s a $11000 bill if pump goes and kills all the injectors and crap.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 425k on an 11 LML. Never plugged it in, never warmed it up. Not one drop of additive. Ran like new when l sold it.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard really good things about this, not from the metering, but the screen that’s in it. From what I’ve heard it’s worth it.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consistent fuel source? Or all over the place?

All over the prairies and northern BC but 95% PetroCan. Just because that's the fuel card we have. Once in a while you will see Esso diesel at PC. The yellow colour gives it away. Filter changes at 100k.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeh my 2012 is awesome also and never any problem at all and has some kms on it but bought a S&B cold air intake off a fella and he has this that he never got installed and is buying a 2019.
I just never heard about it and had heard about the fuel pump could pile up .
I have never had fuel problems in any of my diesels as never fuel up other then card locks and always Shell fuel . But not saying it couldn’t happen??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a preferred conditioner? Heard lots of good things about Stanadyne.
Anything is better than nothing

The Sulphur in the fuel was the lube, ultra low means not much lol

I use Howes or the power service from dsg

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything is better than nothing

The Sulphur in the fuel was the lube, ultra low means not much lol

I use Howes or the power service from dsg

They say at dealer and owners manual to not use any conditioner’s at all in these newer trucks ?
I hear what you’re saying though.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been using howes products In my trucks for 20years. Howes meaner power cleaner gives me better fuel mileage, according to the hand calculator.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They say at dealer and owners manual to not use any conditioner’s at all in these newer trucks ?
I hear what you’re saying though.
They know nothing lmfao

You don't want to over do it tho, cause it can cause nox sensor issues, as it's not fuel, so if it gets a big wiff of it might skew the sensors

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeh, I couldn’t imagine it would be a problem as I have ran the Stanadyne also .
Just no alcohol at all in product.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't run a dmax but have had very good luck with this. Available at UFA and canadian made..

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's helping your mileage go ahead, but if you are doing it for any other reason, I would pass. Manufacturer not recommended, dealer not recommended, most fleets are not running it (try to manage 30 people adding proper additives) and they are getting longevity.

Lastly, most of us are not running these things until 500,000 kms. If you change out trucks before 250,000 kms, even if the additive helps longevity, I don't think you will see a benefit as an owner.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's helping your mileage go ahead, but if you are doing it for any other reason, I would pass. Manufacturer not recommended, dealer not recommended, most fleets are not running it (try to manage 30 people adding proper additives) and they are getting longevity.

Lastly, most of us are not running these things until 500,000 kms. If you change out trucks before 250,000 kms, even if the additive helps longevity, I don't think you will see a benefit as an owner.

Point taken.. however as an owner if I can delay a dpf delete or emission system fail I won. If it comes up under my ownership I can say I tried.. I do everything I can to preserve these units as the costs are ever escalating.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Point taken, I use it mainly in the winter.
I dont just do it for mileage, howes diesel treat, and meaner power cleaner do more than add fuel mileage. Actually it is the meaner power cleaner that does that.
It is a antigel, prevents alge and bacteria growth in the fuel, and disperses water.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The system saver has been out for a while now, but I haven’t heard of anyone with one having a cp4 crap it’s pants to know if it saved anything or not. It’s only got a 20 micron screen in it so yes it will plug up quickly and cause indicators to let you know your pump crapped out but how much and for how long will it let stuff smaller than the screen will stop get through before that happens?

I have a feeling it just delays doing a set of injectors instead of guaranteeing their needing doing at the same time.

Only fool proof way to prevent a cp4 catastrophe is spend the full g plus tuning and do a cp3 swap.

FWIW 95 000km in my ‘16 and I haven’t done the cp3 swap yet or had issues but I have plans to do it this summer.

Top Bottom