2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please do share more info. What type of sled was being ridden? What type of sleds being ridden by his buddies? What type of group sits and watches a guy pull this ch!t? In Vale now and would love a little more info.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The temps have begun to warm up nicely and the snow is begining to fall very lightly. Hopefully this will last throughout the day/night and reload everything for tomorrow.

Open alpine will be heavily effected by the wind and cold, although just check back a page and look at the recent photos from Allen this past week, there is still great snow out there !

Ride Safe and dont hesitate to call our office with any questions

Last edited by a moderator:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should keep a camera at the till. If they get harrassed just pull it out & snap a shot of the offending riding group & sleds. Then when the staff gets to town, show you the pics. I'm sure you could go back & wait at the trail head to deal with them when they get down.

Nothing Physical unless called for,but to have someone waiting at the end of the day would make them think twice!!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should keep a camera at the till. If they get harrassed just pull it out & snap a shot of the offending riding group & sleds. Then when the staff gets to town, show you the pics. I'm sure you could go back & wait at the trail head to deal with them when they get down.

Nothing Physical unless called for,but to have someone waiting at the end of the day would make them think twice!!

I did.......no luck, as I was on a tight timeline. I did place a very polite note on all vehicles in the parking lot explaining the situation and asking that all constructive critisim be address to me at the office.
I will stand up for my staff anyday.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well lets hope that Azzhats like this do have issues on the hill & need help. And noone is there! What goes around, comes around!!

oly

Reaction score
It was probably that pesky Sledavola trying to muster up sledders to sled his trails... I'm guessing he's a $5 buck trail fee but you have to book access 7 days in advanced or fee jumps to $40 if you just drop by :rolleyes:
Some one had to say it...

oly

Reaction score
Just found out I'm heading to Valemount in 3 hours, Best Western slide here I come! Will be in the red enclosed and either Ford cabelas truck or my black dodge with big bumper. Are you heading out riding tomorrow Curtis?

Badnews

Reaction score
Oly .. I heard the trees in Valemount tend to jump in your way. Just a heads-up ! Be careful and have a good one.

Reactions: oly

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Chappel Pow From last weekend POW.jpg

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Clemina yesterday. That is the nicest groomed trail up to the cabin I have ever seen. Thanks VARDA for making it a sweet ride.
There is still snow in the trees. Cheers

LeapingLizzard

Reaction score
Website
www.tdkcustomhomes.com
How's the trail into Chappell? My buddy and I are up with our wives do we wanted to take them on a long trail ride since neither of them have been for 5 year (baby making and all). If its bumpy it may not be a pleasant evening. I'm sure you all understand. We just got up and the weather seems toasty warm.

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
How's the trail into Chappell? My buddy and I are up with our wives do we wanted to take them on a long trail ride since neither of them have been for 5 year (baby making and all). If its bumpy it may not be a pleasant evening. I'm sure you all understand. We just got up and the weather seems toasty warm.

Varda Grooms the trail Every thursday night Id reccomend being one of the first groups up the trail.. When went up on a Saturday After Curtis Announced that they were going to groom Chappel on the Friday night so we got everything together to be one of the first groups up the trail and let me tel you it was a joy to ride on. We made it up there faster then some days going up allen creek.. Coming down was a little ruff if you keep to the edge one ski in some fresh stuff it usually makes it feel a bit better.

Hope this helped

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hope you get this in time. CHAPPELL WAS NOT GROOMED this week as explained in the grooming reports on the previous pages. With the temps dipping below -35, it was not feasable. I would highly recomend the clemina trail system for you and your wives today. Chappell does not have a warming cabin yet as well and with this crazy weather. the ladies and yourselves may appreciate the cabin today

oly

Reaction score
Trail in to Clemina was great! Actually found some really good snow. It was snowing hard most of the day to. Next few days will be good there

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy weather out there today, high winds, blowing snow and very little vis, BUT we found some amazing snow !

Riders will need to use extra caution tomorrow in relation to the avalanche danger. we were remotely propagating the storm snow simply by driving by on most N, NE, NW aspects. Swirling winds have caused strange loading paterns. With continued snowfall overnight, you will likely see larger soft slabs, that could become an issue on a large enough slope.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL and check out before your ride

Attachments

• P1016120.jpg
    P1016120.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 395
  • P1016124.jpg
    P1016124.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 378
  • P1016125.jpg
    P1016125.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 378
  • P1016127.JPG
    P1016127.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 386
  • P1016130.jpg
    P1016130.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 395
  • P1016135.jpg
    P1016135.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 377
  • P1016136.jpg
    P1016136.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 386
  • P1016141.jpg
    P1016141.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 378

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mo is a great guy and is trying very hard to change the rep of valemount rc's, he probably found a hundred sleds to day not registered and not one ticket. he also just phoned me and he has spent the last 2hrs helping to pull trucks out of the DEEP chappell parking area, he is really trying

PS the plow guy will be out at chappell at first light to work the lot, sounds deep out there

Last edited:
Top Bottom