2010 XP Sway bar removal

Rev800-NICE

Reaction score
Anyone done it? I did some reading and everyone says forget about sway bar disconnects - just take it out all together.

What's the concensus out there?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I did it and found it too sloppy, so I put it back in. The 2010 is much more forgiving than previous years. Personal preference...

Dont waste the money on the disconnects though, just undo the bolt on one side and let it hang. Do it on the hill, feel the difference and decided for yourself. I made this exact same post last year and got 1000 different answers...you need to try both and see what you like

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did it and found it too sloppy, so I put it back in. The 2010 is much more forgiving than previous years. Personal preference...

Dont waste the money on the disconnects though, just undo the bolt on one side and let it hang. Do it on the hill, feel the difference and decided for yourself. I made this exact same post last year and got 1000 different answers...you need to try both and see what you like

x2 I had them on the old sled removed didn't like the ride so I put them back. Buddies still ride without so I think it's all up to you. Try it and see what you think.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled mine and will never go back to riding with one. On the trail the cornering is not great but IMO who cares. The ease of laying my sled over in the hills is worth it.

ONETON

Reaction score
When I bought my 2010 Xp, even before i go tto ride at least once I took it off and never looked back, learned to drive it without and dont even notice, yeah a little frt swaying on the trails but makes more fun to push the sled to see what it and you can do. and side hills way easier. just my thoughts.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree I never found any difference in my machine connected or disconnected...try it for yourself and decide. Only place I noticed it was on the trails.

I had the disconnects on my 08 XP and had lots of guys try it sidehilling connected and disconnected and never had anyone be able to tell the difference. On any of the older machines before the XP it was night and day but I don't think it matters at all on the new ones.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came off a 2003 800 summit and my first ride on an XP I could sidehill so easy with it I almost started to think I was a good rider...lol. If you are a beginner rider it is a bit of work to figure out how to sidehill with any machine but if you have some sidehilling experience the XP is a joke to sidehill with. just my 2cents

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought my xp a couple months ago. in the first day of owning it i removed the sway bar and threw it away... not really. but its never going back on hehe!

i havent ridden it yet. lol.

Last edited:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the sway bars off of my new sled, and I could tell it made a difference even sitting in the garage. Took it out for a ride, and it wasnt to bad in the fields. Never rode it with them in either though.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least the garage riding is better :) Mine still shows 0kms but an hour on the meter haha

Got tired of making vroom, vroom sounds with my mouth...

Haha living in the country is great. 30 k on her now. Love the way it pulls. And it's not even broken in yet. You're going to love it.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Haha living in the country is great. 30 k on her now. Love the way it pulls. And it's not even broken in yet. You're going to love it.

Stop it, dont want to hear any more, its frickin killing me. Could have gone to a buddies farm today but lent out my trailer for one of my employees to move. Yes, he is a VERY good employee, and its pretty darn cold here but I still would have gone.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i mean.... its still sitting in the back corner of the garage waiting to go. :d

Top Bottom