2010 RMk 800 Updates

Hammer800

Reaction score
While I was talking to one of the guys at the Polaris Booth at the Edmonton Sno Show he mentioned there was 3 updates done to the ECU on the 2010 800 RMK sleds. I haven't heard if this is true or which one actually works. Anybody have any feedback on this?
He also told me that the engine in the 2011 800 Pro RMk is totally redone but from what I have read they just change the injector system and the ECU program.
Anybody know for sure?:Snowmobile1:

nutma

Reaction score
had my 09 d8 update with the new top end recall at the beginning of last season was still having the mid range bog. finaly brought it in and close to the end of the season to mountain toys and mathew said they had just released a new tune and updated mine but never made it back out. Mathew said it was supposed to fix it but i've heard that tune before so well see once the snow flys.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2010 RMK 800 last December from Mountain Toys in Cochrane. Had no issues at all with the sled or the service at Mountain Toys.Lots of power and no engine bog issues like the 08's-09's. Not aware of any updates for the 2010 RMK's but I guess it is worth asking for sure.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The was a reflash released in early 2010. but was only recommended for people expieriencing the bog and who rode low elevations.

Hammer800

Reaction score
This was the first time I heard anything about a reflash on the 2010 800's . I have not run into anyone else with the same sled yet who has needed a reflash but that does not mean there aren't any.
Thanks for the info!
I am hoping for a ton of snow soon!:d

Hammer800

Reaction score
What was their main issue? Bogging? When did the update come out?

Hammer800

Reaction score
I read your other post about the voltage regulator and ecu. Does a guy have to wait for them to fail or will they replace them on warranty before that happens if they are stating that they are an update??

Hammer800

Reaction score
Thanks for the info OnlyPolaris! I will dropping by for some oil and more info!

shiftrus

Reaction score
i just bought a 2010 rmk 800 last week out of the crate. im hoping it does'nt have any issues. my last sled was a 98 700 rmk with a few mods and lets just say im glad i updated :D

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just brought a brand new 2010 Assault home as well, but I just got off SnoWest (sorry) where Polaris owners were bad mouthing their 800's. :eek: I was literally sick after reading that over half of the 800's out there had catastophic engine failure within 1000 miles.:mad: I was all excited to ride on the snow rather than under it (Yamaha Attank), now I'm afraid to pull the cord. Anyone give me $11 000 for a 2010 Assault with 0 miles, a skid plate and a cover no tax???:confused: Sounds like I'll be visiting you soon OnlyPolaris.

Hammer800

Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is take the bad mouthing with a grain of salt. All brands have problems of some kind or another but everyone seems to offer an opinion on the polaris sleds. I have heard of broken cranks on Arctic Cats, blown Diamond drives etc.
A few years ago the Rev's would eat up belts like they were going out of style.
There is a tendency to focus on the sleds that have issues more than hearing from the people who have 5000 miles on the sled and no issues.
I would be interested to compare all the happy polaris owners to the number of unhappy ones to see what the ratio actually is.
I had a 2003 800 RMK that I bought used and wound up putting a crank in it after it broke. It was used and I am sure it was WOT most of its life. Once it was repaired it was just as good as any of the other guys's sled I ride with-BRP, Cat, Yamaha.
No one wants to be getting pulled down the mountain but it happens to all brands for one reason or another. We pulled my friends 2006 800 Rev down the mountain after the motor blew. Incidentally that was the 2nd motor in that sled. The first was replaced on warranty.
Just my opinion. Was not meaning to rant but maybe i did a little. I was just looking for a little info when I started this post. I like to be educated on any thing I buy.:cool:

rockydaug

Reaction score
i heard that there is a new update, that was released in October, my 09 D8 has a serious problem of going into limp mode when in the mountains, never on flat ground. any ideas?

ne1game

Reaction score
I have 2010 d8 with 800 miles no prblems, I have the jan 14th up date didnt think there was any new ones.

Blackzed

Reaction score
09 assault 1200 miles no big problems can keep up to my buddy's m1000 153 .you have the funnest Sled i have ever rode so don't make you up mind on it yet .. Take it out and hit some jumps feel the torque of the 800 and you will be a happy man (shell gas all the way)

davermk

Reaction score
Purchased a new rmk 800 2010 model. got it on the snow for the first time a few days ago. All worked fine until there was 1.1 hrs on the meter. All of a sudden the dash went dark, sled started loosing power and eventually shut down. The sled would re-start but, would only stay running for about 30 seconds before shutting down again. "made for a long trip out" Brought it back to dealer and they discovered that it was a faulty voltage regulator. Has anyone else had this problem with the 2010 polaris d or rmk?

Top Bottom