2010 2500 duramax shock upgrade

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the Bilstein 5100s you will not be disappointed with them and ride is 100X better, you will not believe the difference once you have done it its like night and day vs stock junk

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did new shocks on my last duramax and did a lot of hunting around and I found 4 wheel parts to have the best prices and sales pretty often on shocks. Just in case you might not have looked there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRXtreme

Reaction score
I found 4 wheel parts to have the best prices and sales pretty often on shocks. Just in case you might not have looked there.

4 wheel parts has the best price on 5100's 4 shocks for 444 ...................SRXtreme

backsledder

Reaction score
How many km's on your truck?

Id be interested in upgrading too. Let us know where and what price, maybe a group discount?

I have 280,000 KM on my 2011, it rides crappy, defiantly needs new shocks, I have priced out shock's from Kal Tire and Competion Chev, installed around 850.00$ I had Bilsteins on my 2002 and noticed a big difference over stock shocks. I purchased them at Custom Truck Parts.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do the 5100 shocks handle a heavy load? I don't want to put on airbags on my 11 as it runs perfect with stock shocks and a load.

I'm considering Rancho 9000's due their adjuster knob fit different loads.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never ran the Rancho 9's but guy's I know that did had issues with rocks smashing the knobs off or getting corroded and seizing.

Prsledder

Reaction score
I ran ran home 5000's on my 07 duramax and thy were a good shock for off-road. On my 13 I an running 5100 from 4 wheel parts out of Edm and they are nice. I would recommend them for sure. The price was right around the $420 mark I believe.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
How do the 5100 shocks handle a heavy load? I don't want to put on airbags on my 11 as it runs perfect with stock shocks and a load.

I'm considering Rancho 9000's due their adjuster knob fit different loads.
Rancho bushings are chit. Don't matter what model of shocks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Rancho bushings are chit. Don't matter what model of shocks.

The older ranchos and the economy ranchos had bushing problems, but I think that was even rectified
... Had the 5, 7 and 9 series on my big dodge... Awesome shocks, and never had a bushing problems.... Probably one of the best bang for your buck, when compared price to comparable shocks. I probably liked the 7000 series the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So do the Bikstein's sag more with a heavy load over stock?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
So do the Bikstein's sag more with a heavy load over stock?

Shocks alone have nothing to do with ride height (sag). They simple control spring oscillations. If you're worried about sag, you need helper springs, air bags, new springs, or something along those lines. You CAN, however, buy something called "load leveler" shocks, that have a spring built onto them to help combat the sag.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I think I meant more about how "bouncy" they will be with a heavy load. From what I read and your feedback I don't think they'll be anything negative.

I spoke to 4 wheel parts and they can do a group buy. They need a quantity before they will give a quote. I don't think it matters your location, either you pick up at store or get it shipped. Let me know if your interested!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I think I meant more about how "bouncy" they will be with a heavy load. From what I read and your feedback I don't think they'll be anything negative.

I spoke to 4 wheel parts and they can do a group buy. They need a quantity before they will give a quote. I don't think it matters your location, either you pick up at store or get it shipped. Let me know if your interested!

Forgot to clarify gonna go with the Bilstein 5100 for my 11 dmax. I don't think it mattes what model. Once I get a number I'll call them back with it and get details on ordering/discount.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I'd be in for a group buy. Set of 4 for a 2011 Sierra 3500HD SRW.

Ric........ would your warehouse be interested in doing a group buy on Bilstein's?

Top Bottom