2009 m1000 exhaust?

OLE 11

Reaction score
Need some info! buying a 09 m1000 need to know what is the best, single pipe and can to run. It has d&d can and stock pipe. getting flash from exhaust sensor? any help would much appreciated.

sebrook

Reaction score
I have a full speedwerx exhaust on my 09 CF 1000. Works really good with power commander fuel controller. Just added the speedwerx muffler - weighs 11 pounds less than stock one. Haven't weighed pipe but I know it's a lot lighter too. Best bang for the buck though is definitely the y-pipe. Got a bunch of dyno info for a BMP, Speedwerx and D&D setup. They all made just about the same total horsepower. Only thing I didn't really like about the D&D setup is that is seemed to work with fairly high RPM's - close to 8000 or more which seems like a lot to me for those big pistons. BMP made a little better low and mid horsepower - Speedwerx seemed to be a little more level. As far as the exhaust sensor - you can replace it with an OEM Cat one or do a search of the forums and you'll find that there is a Chev/GM diesel sensor out there that is the same but needs a different connector put on it for a fraction of the price. Hope some of this helps.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For new pipe set, pcv, and egts your looking at $1400. Then you need to clutch. It gets expensive fast. You`ll be looking at the better part of $2000 by the time your done. Make sure its worth it to you....thats significant cash. I would go with speedwerx or slp. SLP is not much more and comes with the can. You may be able to sell your old can and recoup some funds. I would also not run without egts. I am in the same boat as you and have been pondering the decision for over a year. Just haven`t had the chance to ride with one with a pipe set that was running well to do a side by side comparison with mine to see if its worth it.

Badnews

Reaction score
If you don't have an air intake on there already I recommend the SLP. The M 1000 has restricted air intake and you'll know what I mean when you take the stock off.
Replaced my exhaust sensor after 900 miles (on warranty) ... Very common problem from what I hear.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you get a new sensor loop it back and tie wrap the wires to the sensor. They break easy. GM durimax sensor 12636945 or......46 number has been upgraded lots. AC numbers are 213 4759 or 213 4778.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of options the m1 has been out for a while and everyone seems to have good success, we run the slp ypipe and pipe with an mbrp can, powercomander 5, boysen rad valves, timing key, and intake mod with clutching...very reliable, the last one was about 2200 installed i believe, pushing very very close to 195 hp ... according to what the customers are saying... we have done quite a few and they work really good. speed werx is also a good pipe kit... depends what you like and where you want to go with it as you can start with part and build up to the complete setup aslong as you do it in the right order... good luck, contact us for any info be glad to help

\terry

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont waste your money on all that junk. if you want hp just buy a turbo for pretty much twice as much as your gonna spend anyway.

Top Bottom