2007 m8 fouling plugs on one side! Need help!

ntsims

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
New to the site but I read a lot of post to diagnose problems I have had in the past. The advise is great and have appreciated it. Now for the new problem I can figure out:

I pull the sled out of the enclosed and let it warm up while i get ready. 10min prob. The sled runs like a scalded dog for two or three hours. Once I find some nice cornices and some good jumps, the sled will run great for another hour or so of playing. Then all of a sudden I will climb a hill and top out only to have the sled bog down and run like crap.

After stopping and letting the pipe cool off enough to change one of the plugs on the clutch side, the sled runs great again. Looks like the engine is fouling plugs on the one side. Just wondering why it would be doing this after running a while. Any help would be great.

Sled is all stock except a MBRP can, side vents, and a two wheel kit.

Thanks for any help guys!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you running platinum plugs? I ran platinum plugs in the old lady's m7 and they would not last! Put in the cheap plugs and never had a problem since. Just a thought.

fasta76

Reaction score
Compression check? try swapping injectors to see if it follows!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
having the indentical problem on the gf's M6 right now, i will let you know what is found when we get it back, i finally sent it to t&t to get a profesional to deal with it....tried cleaning power valves, checked electrical for wears in any cables checked compression.

as i said intially when i find out what they find i will let you know asap

tchriste

Reaction score
There are a few things to look at:
-Reeds, ( usually a bottom end, low RPM issue)
-dirty injector,
-plugs, leads, plug caps, coils, (I had my spark plug leads wearing through and did this, thought it was the plugs until I looked at the leads closely and discovered they were rubbing against eachother and wore through.)
-bad electrical connectors,
-water in fuel,

Top Bottom