2007 bogging not getting full rpm

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so first ride out this weekend after sled sitting all summer . Ran good all last year!!
only things I did this summer was replace drive shaft bearing and seal adjust the track and pull out rave valves took a quick look and reinstalled ,,

problem im im have is 3/4 of the way up Chappell it bogged like it was running on one cylinder but it's fine
i try and make a pull up the hill and 1/2 up would bog down then pick back up rpms on the trail I can run clicker 6 and not over rev .
last year I ran #3
any help would be awesome

Dougie

Reaction score
Hi, Did you check you plugs.You may have a faulty plug. It happens more often than you would think.Next plug caps are known to break inside and cause intermittent ignition.If plugs and coils are all good It may be the altitude compensator is not doing it's job. Check All hoses to carbs. Hit the altitude compensator solenoid(box where all the hoses come out of) They have been known to stick thus not compensating and running way too rich so it bogs down. Good luck.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it bogs, flip the choke up and see if it gets better, then u know if ur lean or rich

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same kinda thing happen in revy last year on my 07 boggin and farting but ok on trails until you open the throttle then bog again turned out there was a short in the handlebar peice that holds the reverse switch swapped out and ran like a champ

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes put in new plugs and had new wires on from as year...how did you figure out it was in the handle bar switch

summitguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I might of found the problem (maybe) last trip last year I changed my belt from a 166 to a 383 and I guess they are junk .. Fingers crosses

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes put in new plugs and had new wires on from as year...how did you figure out it was in the handle bar switch
We had to do a bunch of trial and test by chance unplugged the wire harness to that cluster and fired right up and ran good so replaced it and was riding back at normal the next day

Top Bottom