2006 700 rmk Motor mods???(Me want more POWER)

Trencher

Reaction score
Hey There all.....
Just a quick question For everyone out there, i have an 06 700 rmk( The 755 big block) and don't get me wrong, i love my sled it has been great and has not let me down yet but i am looking to get some more out of it. I know SLP makes a big bore kit for the 07-09 but nothing for the 06. does anyone have any sugeestions on what i can do to this motor, who make's mod parts for it, Where i may find some products. Or if some one know someone who does motor work such as porting etc and has experience with this motor please let me know. I want it to stay reliable and user freindly, i like to ride it from the garage to the sled deck and the deck to the alpine with out having to fiddle with it for hours on end to get it to perform. As of right now i have An mbrp can and some gearing done to it. Has anyone used a chip that they sell for these and if so which brand and how dramatic was the increase?I was hoping to stay away from nos but am starting to think ity may be the only answer. PLEASE, PLEASE help me if you can.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those chips = garbage dont bother tricking your engine into running rich without extra airflow does what exactly?

on another note about the nitrous system. on my sled this was the best mod i have ever done. 3 seasons and probably 20 bottles through my motor and no sign of engine damage or compression loss. the power increase is awsome and always there when you need it. ive seen nitrous work wonders on those rmks.

next option as im not familiar with polaris clutching systems would be to opt for a clutch kit. but find out whose works best, i do not know

i run a dynoport pipe on my sled aswell and it really woke it up and cleaned up the powerband. cant say how they work on polaris but look into it.

the other option out there for those motors is the slp power addition kits which will supposidly get another 20hp out of your sled with the pipe/can/head/ etc.

as far as a serious increase in power the nitrous is the only way. besides a big bore. but it also has its disadvantages.

1. power is limited for a certain amount of time
2. costly reffils (30$) worth it but adds up
3. power is only there while on the button so the rest of the time the sled just isnt the same

Trencher

Reaction score
Hey Dude i was looking into the SLP Big bore kit but for some reason the 2006 700 liberty Motor is not included on on the program. I am probally goin to go with Nitrous but am trying to find a god engine place to Port and change my head to a domed head if possible first.

trlrprk

Reaction score
Carls Cycle boys is the place to get info for these if your looking for more power......

Trencher

Reaction score
2006 700 rmk Motor mods Perhaps clutching

Hey i was wondering what kind of clutch set up people use in regards to wieghts. I know my sled is supossed to come stock with 68g wieghts i am going to open it up this weekend but what does anyone recomend for mountain riding as of right now i am only pulling 7300rpm @ 6000ft. The fellow i bought my sled from nhad the 2.25 track taken off and replaced with a 1.25" and i can not remember if he increased the clutch wieghts or not for trail riding out by bruderhiem. Anyways any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Trencher

Reaction score
Re: 2006 700 rmk Motor mods Perhaps clutching

Think i may have solved it He had 10 74g wieghts back down to 10 68g wieghts and should be happy for now...... maybe LOL Thanks to all for the help

Top Bottom