2005 summit RT 1000 151

SkiDoo Crazy

Reaction score
does anyone know a link for a free service manual???

what is it when the light just above the brake light (on the speedo), beeps at you?? i cant tell what the symbol is, looks like = (((l))). but it beeps as soon as you start, & continues even after its shut off, till speedo powers down. the only thing i did to it was take the ski's off & put the dual carbides in !!!! dam it !

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
does anyone know a link for a free service manual???

What is it when the light just above the brake light (on the speedo), beeps at you?? I cant tell what the symbol is, looks like = (((l))). But it beeps as soon as you start, & continues even after its shut off, till speedo powers down. The only thing i did to it was take the ski's off & put the dual carbides in !!!! Dam it !

ya, sounds like the tether isn't in properly......

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sound that a few are talking about might be your e-raves openinh up. HMMMMMM

highlimits

Reaction score
I agree the different sound is the Erave opening it is totally controlled by the ecu and will open different depending on rider input. ie hammer on it and it will open sooner then just rolling on the throttle.

Battery: I went to the polaris dealer believe it or not and got a battery one size larger. Think its a 5 instead of a 4. The battery is about 1.5 inches taller so I had to modify the holder a bit it gives you a bit more cold crank on those extreme days. I have also heard of people going to electric start batteries they are suppose to be larger and you can still get all the brackets from ski doo to install them.

Tstat: I have installed the tstat from an xp in mine as well seems to make the motor run a little hotter and I no longer have the power drop of when I get in deep snow. Mine is an 05 so it has the longer middle cooler as well as the rear cooler. I left all coolers alone as they keep the ice build up down a bit and the added cooling is nice to have on the marginal days. 7 pound cooler or 20 pounds extra ice.

Filters: The last thing and maybe most important is to install filters, you can do it 2 ways. Timbers sled style set up with open filters under the hood or get a hold of Rangelec or email him at rangelec@lcp2.net part numbers are UP-4245. These style filters go into the air box works well. You should pull the reeds and have a look at all the belt dust in them no wonder they eat cranks.

Dootalk.com: Read the mach facts section there is a ton of guys that ride have these motors set up and working well and have a lot more knowledge about them then I.

I stole this from dootalk wrote by stiffler

Go to
-Click on Canada or US and your language
-At the top go over to "OWNER CENTER" and a Drop list will come down
-go down to "OPERATOR GUIDES" and click
-Then scroll down and you will see "FIND YOUR OPERATOR'S GUIDE NOW" click that link.
-Then you will see a box that says to enter your email and click view. Well all you have to do is click View you dont have to enter your email if you dont want to.
-Then near the top you will see "Skidoo" with a "GO" button beside it, click the GO button
-Then you will see a bunch of folders with years beside them on the left side, goto your year and click it
-Now you will see a list of sleds for that year, find your sled and click
-now scroll down and you will see EN or FR click EN for english and FR for french and then save to your computer

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thanks, we've covered off most of that stuff now.... I'm still debating on the thermostat thing, but first thing i did to mine was put the timbersleds kit on..... Ordered direct from timbersleds(and good time now, because the dollar is 97.7 cents to the us dollar right now and climbing). I read about the clutch dust gettin' into the throttle bodies too. The battery thing.... well, I don't have electric start, and I tried a 5 series battery, but would have taken too much modifying the brackets for me to worry about. the 4 series does the job for 2 years and thats about it!
Thanks for the input, highlimits!!!

Top Bottom