2005 m7 dead top end

hardy

Reaction score
ya reeds where checked not that long ago they where like new still. i'm starting to wonder if is not in the computer itself? i was also told if you put one of those rkt heads on them that will sometimes clear up the problem but i don't really like to start adding something and have the problem go away no knowing what the reall problem is. puzzled

hardy

Reaction score
that is something i have not checked this year i have been meaning to but my compression gauge is broken so i will have to get my hands on a new one. but last time i checked they where within a lb or 2 of each other

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is something i have not checked this year i have been meaning to but my compression gauge is broken so i will have to get my hands on a new one. but last time i checked they where within a lb or 2 of each other

Outlaw should have one i think?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok that is good, but you should check to see what the compression is..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing that i just thought about. Do you have a buddy that has the same sled? If so try swapping the injectors from his sled to yours. I had a M1000 that would only run on onew cylinder this year and it was due to a bad injector.. We changed the injector and the issue was gone.. And also jsut check that all the wires going to your injectors are in good shape..

Blk88GT

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem with my 05 M7 162.

I've tried about 10 clutching combinations, and it's had no effect on the bog around 6800. Exhaust valves are clean.

I have a Boondocker box on the sled, and leaning out the 6700 reading allowed me to get one WOT pass in. Once the EGTs are up there, it acts up.

I'm thinking it's loading up with fuel, but can't be sure. Anyone?

Blk88GT

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my 05 M7 162. I've tried about 10 clutching combos without any luck. Removing fuel via my Boondocker box on the 6700 rpm setting allows me to get it going to 8000 once in a while, but I think it's still loading up. It'll hang around 6800-7100 and just kind of stutter as long as you hold it to the bars.

I've checked the exhaust valves, and they were clean. I'd love to know the process for adjustment of them and where the servo motor is so I can check that as well.

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
Just seen another post simialar to this and it just so happens my 2005 M7 does the exact same thing. Not really sure where to start so if u figure something out please post it, cuz i have a laundry list of things to try and im hoping you guys could narrow it dowm for me!:beer:

Blk88GT

Reaction score
This one really came back from the dead!

I ended up tuning the sled with the boondocker box to get it to run. The sled had twin pipes at the time and I spent a lot of time and research getting it to run properly.

In the end, the best thing I did was take the twin pipes off and put the stock stuff back on. I've got over 1500 miles on it since then with no issues whatsoever.

If it's all stock and hitting a wall at 6800, check your power valves. Make sure they're clean, the cables move freely and are adjusted correctly (your service manual has the procedure) and that the cables are still attached to the servomotor properly.

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
Haha ya i searched the topic and didn't realize how old it was till after i posted. Thanks for the tip on the powervalve and yes my sled is stock except for a can.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the stock can back on and try it. Haven't seen too many aftermarket cans that actually helped an M7.

Bryan m

Reaction score
hey i was just wondering if any buddy had a answer to my problem? I have a 05 m7 and my top end has a really bad bog for a few seconds than it seems to clean it self up and will take off to around the 8000 R's area the bog usaully starts around the 6500 range when i put it down? any ideas would be great.. thanks[/QUOTE drop your needles 1slot ,whas happening it's get'n too much fuel in the mid then clears when its wide open...try drop'n them 1slot down. if it gets better go 1more.. it worked on my rmk...if it only revs to 7800rpm its too lean

Top Bottom