2005 m7 dead top end

hardy

Reaction score
hey i was just wondering if any buddy had a answer to my problem? I have a 05 m7 and my top end has a really bad bog for a few seconds than it seems to clean it self up and will take off to around the 8000 R's area the bog usaully starts around the 6500 range when i put it down? any ideas would be great.. thanks

hardy

Reaction score
everything is working well in the clutches my buddy has a boondocker box i'm going to try tommorow and lean that top end out a bit to see if that cleares it up gotta start somewhere..

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i was just wondering if any buddy had a answer to my problem? I have a 05 m7 and my top end has a really bad bog for a few seconds than it seems to clean it self up and will take off to around the 8000 R's area the bog usaully starts around the 6500 range when i put it down? any ideas would be great.. thanks

:D That sure sound's like the mid range is loading up...
Possibilities, Clutching,and or clutch-secondary not shifting properly, mids too fat,fuel pump, if you got an electrical one on there.....
I dont think i would be touching the top end just yet,ya could melt a piston quick...:twocents:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has it always had this problem or ahs it started in the last while? I would recommend that you put a digatron on before you start messing around to much in leaning out the top end... Clutching could be a possibilty to. But i do know that the cm's are notorious for being rich in area's.. But definitely be cautious when leaning it out, READ YOUR PLUGS PROPERLY if you don't have a digitron ..

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would check to ensure the tops of your spark lugs are tight and the end boots are in good shape. If your not getting enough spark at wide open throttle it will NEVER burn all the fuel in the cyl.
My two cents;)

Bryan m

Reaction score
drop ur neddles down 1click, ur top end is combining with your bottomend to early!or your secondary shives need to be slacked off!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drop ur neddles down 1click, ur top end is combining with your bottomend to early!or your secondary shives need to be slacked off!

Quick question.. How do oyu drop the needles on an EFI sled???? Boondocker control boxes only work on EFI's.. the needles dont affect topend. there biggest area of affect is midrange, and how it transitions thru the rpm range.. That is why there are different tapers... But you should be able to go onto boondockers website and get some base settings from them for that sled.

live2ride

Reaction score
Website
www.kristy-martin.com
Did you get this fixed? What did you find out? Is the bog all the time when you can it or just sometimes? Are you flashing codes?

I have a 06 doo, that had similar problems but only at times (several each ride) BUT I think we have my problem fixed, We went through all the wiring, clutching, fuel even checked compression. Either we tightened something that was loose at the DPM/electrical or it was water in the fuel added heat.......

hardy

Reaction score
no i have still not fixed my problem. It only happens a couple times each ride and i noticed if i slowly accelerate to my top end it does not do it just when i put it right down. but i have tacken both clutches apart and cleaned them put a shift assist in the secondary,changed plugs, cut back spark plug wires, when through most electrical, cleaned hose going into computer it was a little dirty and cleaned the power valves and was thinking of cleaning the injectors but not sure the best way to do it.

live2ride

Reaction score
Website
www.kristy-martin.com
Try heet in the red bottle, also are your power valve cables the same length at the servo motor, is it in powder or not getting enough air, do you have a big mouth kit on the front?

live2ride

Reaction score
Website
www.kristy-martin.com
hey no never had any codes flash for me yet. where do you get that stuff heet??

Any automotive store, not that it will fix the problem, but I had the same kinda prob's w/ my sled this year, checked all the same you did, put the isopropel (sp) (HEET) in a RED bottle, no problems since. Watch for codes, flashing lights in your gauges, if they blink, COUNT how many times it flashes and the pauses inbetween flashes, then look in your manual.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May seem like a foolish thing to say do to the fact it doesnt do it all the time but have you pulled your throttle bodies and checked your reeds????;)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought about the reeds, but if the reeds were shot it should mbackfire thru the throttle bodies occasionaly. I was also wondering about if there was any water in his fuel by chance.. Thats where the isopropynol alcohol might be a thing to try.. To get the throttle bodies offf to check the reeds isnt the easiest job on them, they can be a bit of a pain. But a guy just might have to do that.. I know that Vforce reeds are only like 299.

Top Bottom