2005 grizzly 686

Bryle

Reaction score
Gorilla or Highlifter axles (same thing)

If you have a lift installed, you may want to take it out if your breaking axles. The CV's are stronger and take more of an angle on the Gorilla/ Highlifter axle, but you can still twist off the axle between them.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about some thumb control?

what tires are you using thats what typically breaks axels.

Big tires and or holding the gas to the bars in soup spinning and then hooking up.

ill tell you right now you can still break axels if you drive like that. but more likely it will go down the line next you will break drive line parts and when you beef that up you end up breaking internal gears.

thumb control is key to axel life.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
how about some thumb control?

what tires are you using thats what typically breaks axels.

Big tires and or holding the gas to the bars in soup spinning and then hooking up.

ill tell you right now you can still break axels if you drive like that. but more likely it will go down the line next you will break drive line parts and when you beef that up you end up breaking internal gears.

thumb control is key to axel life.

I kinda thought the same thing a 686 isn't that powerful axles are easy to break on stock machines without proper control shooting mud 10' in the air may look cool to the guys on dry land but it only digs ya deeper and breaks chit especially if the wheels are turned or you catch a root

But if that is you style Gorilla or Highlifter make a pretty big axle...with a big price tag also. As for the Turner axles I don't know anyone who has run them

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive seen it more than once.

Ive seen gorilla axels do the same thing.

Its all wheel spin typically that breaks them. your spinning along and then the tire hits something that makes it stop.. and Pow axel or cv blows up.

gorilla axels help but they aren't a 100% cure bikes just weren't made to be rode like that.

now over time cv's and axels sometimes give out with larger tires and that's when you should get turner or gorilla's but if your blowing them up you are prob going to blow up your new ones too.

just my 2 cents.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recomend turner axles as well i have run gorrilas on my king with 29.5 outlaws and they wernt much better then stock but havnt had any problems with my turners.

Top Bottom