2004 Polaris verticle escape or edge...

Marko

Reaction score
Ah pretty bad when i forgot which one but i believe it is a escape...600cc machine i'm lookin at coming with a 144" 15" wide track....so this is what i'm lookin at as my first machine...from a dealer for 7g's taxes in.... it has scratchers and a window bag raised handles and has 430miles on it... whats peoples opinions on this machine???

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm rockin the same machine except mine's an 03, been moding heavlily since I got it a couple months back. Will find out how it is as first ride is this weekend coming up. From what I've heard their pretty good machines with strong motors.

BRA'A'AP

Reaction score
its an awsome machine, it was my first... but soon i upgraded to the 800cc because i learned real quick how to throw the machine around and utilize the power. i would suggest that you buy it, but still keep your eyes open for an 800 because you will learn quickly how to control it and then you will hunger for more power for climbing the hills. over all though its a superb machine, very strong 2 stroke

RMKEITH

Reaction score
I just picked up and 04 Vertical Edge 151 with tarp, pipe ,Can and only has 380 miles on it for $7500. The Machine is mint. No taxes....... There where 4 of them at the time, around the same price and Km in Alberta.

Cheers

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just Curious..... I Remember Seeing A "vertical Assault" And Looked Pretty Cool..... Who Builds Those... They Look Like Real Climbers??? Or Was That A Limited Polaris Build??

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:wtg:good sled i had a 04 800 verticle escape with 159 track, and a 03 800 144 track, the chasis is called EDGE and i think the 151 and bigger tracks get the title escape added to them i think?
one thing to consider if you are riding in the mountains you might perfer the 800 power for a small price difference as well maybe a 151 track or bigger would be best for the mountains and the resale is much better I had a harder time selling my 144 track
go for a 800:wtg:
ps then i got a REV and that was a good day, much different riding position, overall the REV is easier to ride and throw around if you are new to the mountains. either way just get a sled and you will be happy
:twocents::twocents:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just Curious..... I Remember Seeing A "vertical Assault" And Looked Pretty Cool..... Who Builds Those... They Look Like Real Climbers??? Or Was That A Limited Polaris Build??

is it VERTICLE ESCAPE i had a 04 silver black and they were good looking, im not sure it might be polaris snow check for that year?, i bought mine used
not to sure

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this the one your thinking
04 RMK.jpg

GRD

Reaction score
the chasis is called EDGE and i think the 151 and bigger tracks get the title escape added to them i think?

Snow checks were a vertical escape.... The sled in my avatar is a vertical escape. They came with a few more options. Similair differences like a 700 RMK and a 700 Dragon.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
NA, NONE OF THE ABOVE... I REMEMBER SEEING A FEW OF THEM OUT THERE AND THEN ALSO SAW 1 TRAILER UNLOAD AND ABOUT 4 OF THESE THINGS CRAWLED OUT.... SOUNDED VERY "SNORTY", AND HAD SOME HUGE TRACKS ON THEM...... AND THEY WERE CALLED VERTICAL ASSAULT.... I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT WAS A POLARIS SPECIAL ORDER OR SUMTHIN'??????????:confused::confused:

GRD

Reaction score
NA, NONE OF THE ABOVE... I REMEMBER SEEING A FEW OF THEM OUT THERE AND THEN ALSO SAW 1 TRAILER UNLOAD AND ABOUT 4 OF THESE THINGS CRAWLED OUT.... SOUNDED VERY "SNORTY", AND HAD SOME HUGE TRACKS ON THEM...... AND THEY WERE CALLED VERTICAL ASSAULT.... I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT WAS A POLARIS SPECIAL ORDER OR SUMTHIN'??????????:confused::confused:

I think I may have saw those guys last year... I think it is their own personal touch, a mod polaris probably.

Marko

Reaction score
hey JoHNI_BLaZe that is exactly my machine(Bought it yesterday) dragged the bastard off my truck need to find a ramp now tho...:p

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey JoHNI_BLaZe that is exactly my machine(Bought it yesterday) dragged the bastard off my truck need to find a ramp now tho...:p

04 800 Escape thats your new ride
what size track
im sure you will love it
where do ya ride?
i use single aluminum folding ramp works great for the quad, bike, sled, trailer, cant remember what make, i got the ramp with the 04 escape i bought
do you need a skid plate i have a new red hole shot for the edge chasis
let me know
p.s. get scratchers that sled likes to heat up on the trail

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
There were about 60 Vertical Assaults made. They were an aftermarket product done by a gentleman in BC, they were lightweighted and hopped up. He still does a few each year. I think he may even be a member on this site or maybe it's S.W., anyway I spoke to him one day because he was selling some part I wanted for my 01 RMK 800.

Marko

Reaction score
I have the 600 version but still cant wait..and have the scratchers installed already(with the deal)

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i know this is an old post but the vertical assult is built by john leginus in kelowna been doing it for years custom built sleds ... the only reason i know is i used to date his daughter ..but besides the point probably the best moded sled i have ever seen or rode

Top Bottom