174 3 inch track???

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you not see any of these pros with a bigger longer track? I looking at a turbo but want a 174 any ideas?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine had a stock 2013 with 174x2.5 last year .
Worked very well.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catman10 on here is running a 174 , 3 inch, on a boosted Pro.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Yeah baby and it rocks! I wouldn't go any less track, the only thing to complain about is it does get pushy in the hardpack but that is a small percentage of my riding anyways.

WesG

Reaction score
I am running a 174 3" old style camo ext. I am in love so far LOL! Being as I do not rat race down the trail anymore but play on the sides/ditches it rides very nice. Smooths the studder bumps better than anything I have ridden and the big 3 footers well I just slow down abit. For note we do not have any groomed trails so I ride bumps all season after the first ride! Might push a touch more on hardpack, but very very small change from the 163". To do sh!tty after sh!tty it takes abit more muscle to hold the turn, but tight 90-360 turns are still very easy. A slightly more aggressive ski would aid the hardpack turning but it would result in more effort throughout the days ride so I will live with the small amount of hardpack push. As expected traction is great, anytime you want to move ahead it does, even in powder. But this also results in some unexpected hookup where previously it would slip abit. Ground speed is very good, track speed is abunch slower. For reference I used to turn a 163 2.5 camo 58 mph all day long, the 174 3" turns 52 mph same boost level. 6 mph difference but the ground speed is better on the 174 3"... Sidehilling has changed slightly with the extra hookup, just takes a ride or two to adjust. Alot less throttle and momentum required to get through/over obsticles. On the pro rmk chassis the 174 works well for me and my riding style/areas, I can see where it would not be for everyone though.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you not see any of these pros with a bigger longer track? I looking at a turbo but want a 174 any ideas?

Because the Kakwa trail and a 3 inch lug probably won't get along that well. I would think you would have too much track come spring as well. I have been considering a Camo Extreme 15x174x2.5 but that might be a next year thing.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friends dad has a 12 pro silber turbo avid dnr and a 174x3"

He also has a 13 pro 858 rktek with smaller drivers and a 174x3"

Top Bottom