163 Peak

1Mrider

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a few things about the 263 2.5'' camo Peak. I put the track on my 08 1000 about 2 months ago replacing the stock challenger and I can't believe the improvement. Tracks are definitely the best way to get more for your buck. When I swapped out my drivers to the 2.86 the tolerance between the track clips and DD was gone. So that required buying the BDX Drive. The track seems to do well in most conditions. I haven't had it in the treacherous powder yet (we haven't gotten the snow this year for that) but I will say last weekend my fellow riders and I were interogated by the other mountain sleds. My only critcism is the rigidity of the track. The second ride out I tore one of the outside paddles and about three weeks ago tore one on the inside. The lugs don't bend, they tear. I'll just have to be more careful riding shallow. But overall I'm very happy with it's performance. I'd add some pictures but I seem to be having trouble doing so. Cheers

snowbuster

Reaction score
Thanks for the post,I just put in the 2.5" camo x 162" on my m8 and it works far better than the powerclaw, but hadn't heard anything on the peak track. I have only put on 400km on the track so far,no issues yet! Good luck with it.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a few things about the 263 2.5'' camo Peak. I put the track on my 08 1000 about 2 months ago replacing the stock challenger and I can't believe the improvement. Tracks are definitely the best way to get more for your buck. When I swapped out my drivers to the 2.86 the tolerance between the track clips and DD was gone. So that required buying the BDX Drive. The track seems to do well in most conditions. I haven't had it in the treacherous powder yet (we haven't gotten the snow this year for that) but I will say last weekend my fellow riders and I were interogated by the other mountain sleds. My only critcism is the rigidity of the track. The second ride out I tore one of the outside paddles and about three weeks ago tore one on the inside. The lugs don't bend, they tear. I'll just have to be more careful riding shallow. But overall I'm very happy with it's performance. I'd add some pictures but I seem to be having trouble doing so. Cheers

If your track is loosing paddles you should send it back for warranty. Sounds like junk to me.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy put one on his freeride. You do not want to follow him up the trail. These tracks throw chit like those Cat (Attack?) tracks that guys were turning around backwards. He claims noticeable improvement in the powder though.

1Mrider

Reaction score
Yep. That's the gospel according to Summiteer. I forgot to mention that this track throws hellacious snow going down the trail. I hate towing sleds off the hill and this year I've pulled my buddy off twice. I was pissed until I looked behind me then I couldn't stop laughing. And we all thought it was pretty hilarious when we got back to the trailer.
snowed in.jpg

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Top Bottom