146 skid pulled back

thorrider11

Reaction score
Just wondering if any one has pulled there skid back on a 146 to go to a 154.

robhayward

Reaction score
Rear brackets might be a problem. You could move them but then it would be on a thinner part of the tunnel and have less strength. They rivet to the running board and I've broke a few as they are on a 146. Front mount also has a brass colored brace that may not be easy to move.
Rail extensions would be a more likely way to go.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rear brackets might be a problem. You could move them but then it would be on a thinner part of the tunnel and have less strength. They rivet to the running board and I've broke a few as they are on a 146. Front mount also has a brass colored brace that may not be easy to move.
Rail extensions would be a more likely way to go.

Find a set of 154 take of rails for under $200. I picked up two sets over the past two winters for under $150. Nice to have a spare set.

I have heard of guys moving back renegade skids to get slightly longer tracks in, but they run into the same issues. Your front bolt will no longer be in the supported area of the tunnel, your rear brackets will have to be moved back.

The difference between a 146 and 154 tunnel is one rivet length in the cooler, so about 4".

Moving the skid back is more work than its worth. Keep in mind the geometry changes on the mounting points. The skid is the same size, the rails are only longer at the rear.

EMANAARON was selling a take off 154 track, and possibly some rails? I can't locate his post now.

Top Bottom