13 Pro Oil Pump/Cap

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After years of riding my dads hand me downs I finally bought a sled I could call mine, 13 pro limited edition 1000 miles.

I know this issue has been discussed a bunch but I can't find any clear instructions on exactly how to fix the oil cap venting problem.

I have been doing lots of research on this lately and know how to turn the oiler up and why the cap doesn't vent properly. I have seen the 'fix' with the cap and venting tube. Does the tube connect to another outlet or is it similar to a dirt bike cap hose?

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you heat up a pin and melt it through the first layer of plastic on the bottom of the cap, you will have venting all the time. You can YouTube this.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

knocksum

Reaction score
I just run a hose from my cap to the chain case side. Not connected to anything. When the sled is rolled over you won't lose any oil.

Assaulted

Reaction score
I just picked up a '15 Pro to replace my '11 Assault - had bumped up the oil pump but had not changed the cap. Read this post today and found a vented cap at the Cat dealer for $20.

Question - how do you determine the stock position of the oil pump screw? I was adjusting the lock nut and think the screw may have turned out as well (used a socket and the colours no longer lined up).

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't waste my time with a cap that still has a tiny vent hole, get a tank vent.

CLVTCH

Reaction score
I just picked up a '15 Pro to replace my '11 Assault - had bumped up the oil pump but had not changed the cap. Read this post today and found a vented cap at the Cat dealer for $20.

Question - how do you determine the stock position of the oil pump screw? I was adjusting the lock nut and think the screw may have turned out as well (used a socket and the colours no longer lined up).

Look from the right side of the sled down towards the bottom of the engine compartment, right beside the adjustment screw there are a couple notches, when they are lined up that is the factory adjustment setting. If I remember correct a turned up oil pump would show the nut pointing to the right side of the notch. You'll likely need to blast the area with brake cleaner and then an air nozzle to get a good view of it.

Top Bottom