11' Pro rpm issue

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11' pro w power Addiction head and the thing can. Non ethanol chip in running on Cheveron 94 w a little av gas. Was expecting to be hitting the rev limiter w 10-62's so I bought some 10-64's and shaved them down .4 could only get 7600rpm out of here. Put the 62's back in and could only get 7800 out of her. 8000 on the trail. Was riding REVY any thoughts? What does your pro idle at? Mine seems very low I'm almost wondering if the tps isnt out? What about power valves? Or injectors? Mine has the yellow injectors.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11' pro w power Addiction head and the thing can. Non ethanol chip in running on Cheveron 94 w a little av gas. Was expecting to be hitting the rev limiter w 10-62's so I bought some 10-64's and shaved them down .4 could only get 7600rpm out of here. Put the 62's back in and could only get 7800 out of her. 8000 on the trail. Was riding REVY any thoughts? What does your pro idle at? Mine seems very low I'm almost wondering if the tps isnt out? What about power valves? Or injectors? Mine has the yellow injectors.

Or broken Primary spring? but I think you would have noticed when you changed weights, Mine was not obvious other than the low engagement and the lower top rpm, just the last coil was snapped off, worth a look. They had a pile of them fail on the 11's so it's the first place I would look if you haven't already.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spring is good, just double checked. Keep em coming...

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year took my sled in and they reset my tps (at least i think thats what it was ) and ya it helped a bit...as i recall last year my sled still didnt seem to want to pull consistantly hard always around 7900 rpm give or take but never at that 8150 where i was told is ideal... leaving tomorrow to ride revy for a few days i will pay attention to what its doing.... first trip of the year cannot wait !!!

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spring is good, just double checked. Keep em coming...

I don't know how high comp that head is but if you run Av gas mixed with 94 with a stock compression you will lose power for sure. If you have too high octane for the compression you are running you will not be happy with the results. Again I have no idea what compression you have so I am just throwing things out there. I assume you have tried the basic things like spark plugs, I have even had a worn belt take away my rpm but that does not explain the low idle. I would try 94 without the av gas and see if it helps. It could be your tps as well but if it ran good last year I don't know why it would change unless it failed. :( Hope you get it sorted out.

H2O

Reaction score
Try what cs5 says... also you should check your power valves..... and the solenoid may not be closing the valves.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know how high comp that head is but if you run Av gas mixed with 94 with a stock compression you will lose power for sure. If you have too high octane for the compression you are running you will not be happy with the results. Again I have no idea what compression you have so I am just throwing things out there. I assume you have tried the basic things like spark plugs, I have even had a worn belt take away my rpm but that does not explain the low idle. I would try 94 without the av gas and see if it helps. It could be your tps as well but if it ran good last year I don't know why it would change unless it failed. :( Hope you get it sorted out.
The head is 13:1:1 adds approx 20lbs compression. 3000-6000ft head. The amount of AV gas was very minimal less then 10% I will try straight 94 next time. I did not try replacing the belt yet but will. I am leaning towards power valves and or tps. This sled is new to me and I did not run it last season. This thing also had the top end bog but cleaned up once I removed the ethanol chip and replaced it w the non ethanol resistor.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That head is designed to run 91 octane at 2500 ft-7000 ft. You are wasting your time and money on av. Try running it on straight pump. That is where mine is and I pull the 10-64 weights. Im no gas guru but over octane is not good either.

Reactions: cs5

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 94 octane i believe also has 10% ethonal. mine runs like crap with the non ethonal resistor in if i use 94 with ethonal so i always make sure i have petro 91 or shell V-power and it runs WAYYYY better. i wouldnt run any av gas either with just 13.1.

Reactions: cs5

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Man I am curious to know what you found and how you made out. ????

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled is going in tomorrow morning for TPS to be checked out and I will change out the POS OEM Spring. Hopefully this is the ticket. The fuel filter was just changed, valves were cleaned, all reg maintance was done before I picked the sled up. Sled was running fine last year and hitting RPM's I am told so I'm hoping it is just the spring and or TPS. I will also not put in any more AV gas for protection as this could be a factor as well. Thanks and I will update everyone soon.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick update...Upon plugging Polaris' computer into my ECU to check to see if it had the latest reflash it was noted that my ECU was missing its programing??? Is this possible?? Apperantly it is, their is a default map in the ECU so it will still run I am told but it will not run to its potential. Also replaced the spring and added washer as the tip of the factory spring was digging into the clutch cover and was worn. Put in the SLP Blue and Pink as recomended by CHRISCO. I will get the dealership to re-program the ECU with the latest update and position the TPS then I should be back out their this weekend. I'm almost thinking I should just put back in the 10-64's before I go test this thing. What are your guys' thoughts? I think it should pull them now...

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electrical diagnosis and digital wrench hook up - this ecu came up as "not programmed," attempts to reflash were unsuccesful as the computer was asking to download the original ecu to new ecu prior to a reflash. Confirmed through the customer and the selling dealer that this was the original ecu. Required additional diagnosis and the use of a donor sleds ecu to fool the digital wrench and allow for reflash. ***reflashed successfully to the yellow injector file set***

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am at a loss again...thought the above would have fixed it for sure, put the 64's back in and headed for valemount yesterday. Ran 91 non eth pump, idles good now 1800+/- could only get 7600 on steep climbs and 7800 while playing. I watched the tach religiously and used the playback several times. Could only get 8000 on the trail down low tried a new belt out, little change. Think I might try putting the stock can back on and put the 62's back in just to see what it does? Too bad we don't even have enough snow around here to test it!! Any other thoughts idea's or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just change one thing at a time try the can , then the weights, have you checked the secondary clutch spring. How about the motor mounts are they all good. I want to try this same set up there is no reason why that head should not work.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good call on the secondary! I meant to mention, this thing also has a hard time holding backshift, mind you I ran the team tied driven last season so I I am comparing it to my tied. I will go check it out

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am at a loss again...thought the above would have fixed it for sure, put the 64's back in and headed for valemount yesterday. Ran 91 non eth pump, idles good now 1800+/- could only get 7600 on steep climbs and 7800 while playing. I watched the tach religiously and used the playback several times. Could only get 8000 on the trail down low tried a new belt out, little change. Think I might try putting the stock can back on and put the 62's back in just to see what it does? Too bad we don't even have enough snow around here to test it!! Any other thoughts idea's or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Just came back from 4 days riding with 2 other Pro's I pull 7950- 8000 up top and 8250 on the trail with 10-64's in my stocker the other 2 had 10-62's and pulled 8200-8250 all day up high so I will be putting the 62's back in and I have NO issue with backshift so that could be your issue.

Top Bottom