1000rt summit/mach mods..........what have you done?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR 1000RT SUMMIT OR MACH OR RENEGADE

BIKEMAN HAS LOTS OF COOL HIGH HP SUGGESTIONS/KITS AVAILABLE......

WILL PROBABLY BE DOING THIS SHORTLY, GOOD FOR 20HP:

mach_bolt_on_perf_kit.jpg

Double click on above image to view full picture

[h=3]More Views:[/h]
[h=2]BMP Mach Z/Summit 1000 Bolt-On Performer Kit[/h]
Be the first to review this product

$1,249.95
[h=3]Quick Overview[/h]BMP Mach Z/Summit 1000 Bolt-On Performer Kit
Elevation *-- Please Select --High AltitudeLow Altitude * Required Fields A new password was sent
$1,249.95
Add Items to CartQty: Add to Cart

[h=3]Product Description[/h]
No efi changes required for this powerful bolt on package. Simply send us your pipe for a quick turn around on our stock pipe modification. You then receive
a set of our pump gas billet domes, two 2" flow rites for the airbox, Boyesen Rage Cages with Power Wings, and our Stage 1 clutch kit with new ramps,
adjustable pins, heavier rollers and new drive clutch spring. This kit cranks out 13-15 more horsepower at low altitude and near 20 horsepower at above
4000ft with our higher altitude setup. Mid range grunt is just crazy strong with this setup. Great for trail riding and lake racing. Mountain riders will
appreciate the broad smooth powerband.

• Staff

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My '06 1000rt highmark has:

'07 1000rt engine and mid altitude mapping(done under warranty in 2008)
timbersled intake
floated secondary(duck)
geared down and 15 wide chain
mbrp can
dynamo joe's clutch kit(but needs rebuilding)
9" billet 2 wheel inside kit on rear
2.5" track(replacing soon, with a 2.5" extreme)
brighter headlites
all foam removed
'07 xrs taillite etc(removed the armbreaker luggage rack)
otherwise mostly stock.........

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ouch thats alot of money for a few little parts. lol
whats wrong with the twins and booney box?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I would do the dynoport pipe, it sells for a reasonable price too.

Mine has:

8" risers
Pro Taper fat bars
9" Billet wheels
Inside wheel conversion
m8 skis
all foam removed
XP thermostat
relocated airtex lift pump
pod filters (removed inner and outer airboxes)
all re-wiring fixes done
Clutch cover removed
Full mountain fit hoods venting
quick clickers
NPP Can
Removed rear cooler
07 mid alt mapping
Removed luggage rack
DJ Clutch kit
Dalton 60g TRA arms
Mach Z console and gauges (Full size tach and speedo)

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin just bought a stock 05 RT 1000 162" with a new short block and a tss can on it. On the weekend planning to go through the clutches, put a thermostat out of an 01 summit 700 in the head, float the secondary clutch ,and add some tiny pods into the stock air box to keep some belt dust out. Should make it a reliable driver.

So far my 06 has had quite the life, been a work in progress . Ran it with twin pipes a boondocker and an bikeman 1100 for 3500 km. Made good power, always a little finicky.
Do not attempt to run a P 85 clutch, found no real gain over the TRA. Could not keep rollers in it, and after a 1000 Km it broke my crank stub off and wrote off my secondary

As it sits for this up coming season:
162"x3" track
8 tooth avid drivers
holz rear skid and A arms
some billet wheels
ice scratchers
fox floats, bought next tech reservoirs for the front shocks, hoping ill be happy with the ride quality on the front shocks now
bunch of random plastic removed
Team clutch
R&M vents
boss seat
Bombi 15 wide chain
01 summit 700 thermostat
low comp heads
Turbo boyz 66 aero charger kit
350 chevy fuel pump replacing stock high pressure pump
Boost it fuel system being installed
When I get the sled back I might try to add a water to air intercooler once I find out that it will run and I am happy with it. Cant wait:d

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin just bought a stock 05 RT 1000 162" with a new short block and a tss can on it. On the weekend planning to go through the clutches, put a thermostat out of an 01 summit 700 in the head, float the secondary clutch ,and add some tiny pods into the stock air box to keep some belt dust out. Should make it a reliable driver.

So far my 06 has had quite the life, been a work in progress . Ran it with twin pipes a boondocker and an bikeman 1100 for 3500 km. Made good power, always a little finicky.
Do not attempt to run a P 85 clutch, found no real gain over the TRA. Could not keep rollers in it, and after a 1000 Km it broke my crank stub off and wrote off my secondary

As it sits for this up coming season:
162"x3" track
8 tooth avid drivers
holz rear skid and A arms
some billet wheels
ice scratchers
fox floats, bought next tech reservoirs for the front shocks, hoping ill be happy with the ride quality on the front shocks now
bunch of random plastic removed
Team clutch
R&M vents
boss seat
Bombi 15 wide chain
01 summit 700 thermostat
low comp heads
Turbo boyz 66 aero charger kit
350 chevy fuel pump replacing stock high pressure pump
Boost it fuel system being installed
When I get the sled back I might try to add a water to air intercooler once I find out that it will run and I am happy with it. Cant wait:d

What were you running for engine management before the boost-it system and how did it work? I haven't heard of many of these things working that well once you boost them. The oem engine management is seriously lacking...

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attitude box, only put about 50km on it in the spring, work and lack of snow got in the way of tuning it, rebuilt the motor last winter and added the turbo on to it. Was going to play with it more as soon as we got snow as im sure the attitude box will work, but jumped ship onto the boost-it system, I think that it will be a more reliable driver with the factory ecu not be able to have mood swings and tamper with the fuel your adding to it.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attitude box, only put about 50km on it in the spring, work and lack of snow got in the way of tuning it, rebuilt the motor last winter and added the turbo on to it. Was going to play with it more as soon as we got snow as im sure the attitude box will work, but jumped ship onto the boost-it system, I think that it will be a more reliable driver with the factory ecu not be able to have mood swings and tamper with the fuel your adding to it.
I agree, I saw boost-it was looking at putting something together for the rt but didn't know it was ready to roll already.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe my RT is the first one he has done an install on, Will find out how it will work when the snow flies, I think it should make these things alot more reliable every day riders. Fuel going down to the bottom end should be good for them to. I wish that I had more knowledge with turbos before as this is my first one and is definitely an learning experience. Last spring I think I would of had it up and running if I just kept knocking my fuel pressure down more, I kept going down and stopped a little early as I thought I had some different underlying problems. Put it back to stock just to make sure it would run proper, and it did, so it ate up a bit of time pretty quick, and I ran out of season. I have never liked any of these piggy back boxes, though as there adding fuel by percent off what your ecm is telling it to, and we all know how inconsistent these things can be some times. The whole reason I added a thermostat was to keep the computer out of its cold loop, and try to cure painting the snow back when I was running it stock.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine is all stock so far, going to do a full vent kit from menz toyz, and the xp thermostat and rear cooler delete, and a ecm reflash for this year, maybe a bit more next year will have to see how much i get out and if maybe possibly if i am a really good boy momma will let me upgrade to an xp next year,.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how turbo works on your sled?I have not seen anyone that has one that was real strong.Hope fully it works for you.The 1000 is a finicky motor and when adding things like cans and pipe you have to be careful.I put a Jaws can on mine as very few of these do not lose power.Also tried a different single pipe ended up puting a stocker back on.Didnt seem to matter what i did could not get the same power as stock pipe.Greg at Jaws warned me about this as he didnot build a pipe for this reason.I asked him about the competitors pipes and he replied to his knowledge none make any more worthwhile power???Hmmmm?He was right shoudve listend!Keep us post on Turbo.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It will be interesting to see how turbo works on your sled?I have not seen anyone that has one that was real strong.Hope fully it works for you.The 1000 is a finicky motor and when adding things like cans and pipe you have to be careful.I put a Jaws can on mine as very few of these do not lose power.Also tried a different single pipe ended up puting a stocker back on.Didnt seem to matter what i did could not get the same power as stock pipe.Greg at Jaws warned me about this as he didnot build a pipe for this reason.I asked him about the competitors pipes and he replied to his knowledge none make any more worthwhile power???Hmmmm?He was right shoudve listend!Keep us post on Turbo.

are you interested in twin pipes and boondocker efi controller for yours??

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only pipe's I would consider are a ceramic coated stocker or a dynoport. It seems no one is really able to get the tuning figured out on the crank shop twins.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Boon box new in box.I have not seen a set of twins work as good as stock pipe in mtns.Thanks for the Heads up on pipes though.Never installed box after pipe didnt work.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Boon box new in box.I have not seen a set of twins work as good as stock pipe in mtns.Thanks for the Heads up on pipes though.Never installed box after pipe didnt work.
My mods Include,rear cooler delete,baker light susp.,jaws can,tail light delete,porting(myself),Boysen Rad valves,copius amounts of clutching,3" x162 track,roller secondary.Now just installing mountain Mod seat!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
my mods include,rear cooler delete,baker light susp.,jaws can,tail light delete,porting(myself),boysen rad valves,copius amounts of clutching,3" x162 track,roller secondary.now just installing mountain mod seat!

did you just put smaller drivers on to make clearance for the 3"???

Top Bottom