09M1000 clutching

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Im new to this sled uprade stuff and am seeking some advice on clutching. I just purchased a speedwerx fat daddy pipe,y-pipe,speedwerx high flow intake ,pure logic fuel contrôler,air/fuel ratiol guage . I will be riding mostly Valemount area and was wondering if any kind soles had any clutching tips for that kind of set up or any information at all that will help me tune my sled.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock rpm for your sled is 7200. If you run your pipe setup your best rpm should be around 7700 so the stock clutch weights might be ok. Secondary clutch setup on the 1000 is junk. Go to a rktek setup or a cutlers setup. They can give you the springs and helix you need for your style of riding and elevation.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got to try out my 46/36 helix from Terra Alps racing along with BDX rollers. WHAT a difference! Much more snap off the line and mid range and the same finish! I also run a AC gold spring in primary and about 83.5 grams of weight(dalton adjustables). I have D&D y-pipe and can also.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a terra alps helix on my m8 it works awesome way better then stock, and i run a similer spring

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Im new to this sled uprade stuff and am seeking some advice on clutching. I just purchased a speedwerx fat daddy pipe,y-pipe,speedwerx high flow intake ,pure logic fuel contrôler,air/fuel ratiol guage . I will be riding mostly Valemount area and was wondering if any kind soles had any clutching tips for that kind of set up or any information at all that will help me tune my sled.
Your setup is speedwerx, and they can't provide a baseline to start from? I'd be calling speedwerx and / or looking at the tuning recommendations the pipe set came with. Every sled is a bit different - things like fuel pressure can make a big difference on how it runs. I would recommend adding a torsional secondary conversion to your sled, but I would call Kelsey @ RK Tek with your weight and elevation, etc to pick an angle.

Top Bottom