09 xp Knock Sensor

tamsy

Reaction score
I purchased a 09 summit x this year with 200 km on it. When I pin the sled, the knock sensor goes off a few times. If I go easy into the throttle and then pin it this does not happen. The sled pulls 8100-8200rpm on the hills. Has anyone else experienced this? The sled has a dj clutch kit in and i am wondering that has something to do with it? Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need either higher octane gas or get all new gas to start with and see if that all it is... gas goes bad in 2 months now and sometimes tryin to get good prem gas is hard....

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 09 summit x this year with 200 km on it. When I pin the sled, the knock sensor goes off a few times. If I go easy into the throttle and then pin it this does not happen. The sled pulls 8100-8200rpm on the hills. Has anyone else experienced this? The sled has a dj clutch kit in and i am wondering that has something to do with it? Thanks

It's not broke in yet wait till the chip burns out. 20 hours I believe.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not broke in yet wait till the chip burns out. 20 hours I believe.

Also in 09 they had a recall with the knocksensor of some sort, i cant remember if it was for this reason or if it was because the sensor would go off and cause you to not beable to rev the motor up anymore without taking it to the dealer.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Also in 09 they had a recall with the knocksensor of some sort, i cant remember if it was for this reason or if it was because the sensor would go off and cause you to not beable to rev the motor up anymore without taking it to the dealer.

I remember that too.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a reflash on the computer that made the knock sensor less sensitive, plus made it so the codes would be cleared by shutting the motor off, then restarting.

tamsy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The fuel was fresh prem from petro and from conoco so i dont think it is the fuel. I will give a dealership a call and see what they say.

Top Bottom