09 Summit XP Stinger

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently put a Stinger on my 09 Summit XP. Barely made a noticable change in the sound, and that was running it in the shop. In previous years a can made the sled much louder.
Is a muffler change required to get some sound out of the thing?? Don't like that thought.
Any ideas??:cool:

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a cpi on my 09 xp,quiet at the bottom end but sounds like twin pins at the mid and top end.I'll post some pics tonight.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At idle the MBRP can on my '08 is not much louder than stock. When it revs up it is louder, but not obnoxious. I think I remember someone telling me that the newer RAVE on the Ski-doo's have something to do with it. As well, MBRP doesn't make the "Race" version of the can like they did years ago. I wouldn't waste money on a can if I did it all over again, I would look into pipes of some kind. At least that way you are gaining some hp for the price, as well as weight reduction and sound.

tollen77

Reaction score
The pipe in the XP has ainternal stinger built inside of it.... unfortunately it's never going to get too loud unless you get a different pipe or go to the trouble of cutting the pipe in two, removing the stinger and then welding it back up.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the pic of the CPI can.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom