09' ported track upgrade 154" (best bang for buck)

PJ440x

Reaction score
Hey, I'm sure this has been covered before. Anyway I'm looking at the best bang for the buck on changing out this ported track on my 09' XP 154?? I am thinking about changing the track and maybe a new set of skis just to hold me off till next year. I will be snow checking a new XM for next year, would like to try one first and I want the "X".

Thanks for any input you may have on your busy Saturday! Lol

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm sure this has been covered before. Anyway I'm looking at the best bang for the buck on changing out this ported track on my 09' XP 154?? I am thinking about changing the track and maybe a new set of skis just to hold me off till next year. I will be snow checking a new XM for next year, would like to try one first and I want the "X".

Thanks for any input you may have on your busy Saturday! Lol

Yup been covered off lots and lots. Try the XP section next time for more detailed info.

Either throw on a Challenger Extreme 2.5" or find a take off 2.25" from someone who went to a 2.5" on a newer sled, or even find a take off 2.5" from a newer sled.

Everyone one of them will provide better performance and reliability over the stock cheese grader.

crazy newf

Reaction score
I just put a 156 3 in on my 09 154 it's a $1500 upgrade after u buy the track drivers and relocate kit to make it fit going out next weeken to try it out

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO, Tmotion skid and flex track is the way to go. If that's not for you I am sure the dealers have lots of brand new take offs from the new xps that are getting the Tmotion upgrade.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a 156 3 in on my 09 154 it's a $1500 upgrade after u buy the track drivers and relocate kit to make it fit going out next weeken to try it out

It will be interesting to see the reports of the shorter 3" tracks. I would imagine they will require some significant suspension upgrades otherwise they are going to want to wheelie a lot when climbing. Don't get me wrong, they hook up, but there is a balance that needs to be maintained and I think anything under a 163 with a 3" is going be interesting to say the least.

crazy newf

Reaction score
I think ur right about keeping the front dwn but one thing it's going to be alot of fun setting it up lol I'm a bigger guy so that might help if I can keep my weight to the front I installed the new c3 post forward kit as well that might make a difference but well c

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think ur right about keeping the front dwn but one thing it's going to be alot of fun setting it up lol I'm a bigger guy so that might help if I can keep my weight to the front I installed the new c3 post forward kit as well that might make a difference but well c

With the post forward kit I would also run a shorter riser. A tall riser will want to push you back off the sled.

Also either heavier rear springs or the relocate brackets if you don't already have them. It will help in the weight transfer and keep from nosing up as much. Should be fun.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save ur dough if ur getting the Xm next year. Get a set of port covers and a air rivet gun best bang for ur buck. I have beat the chit out of mine and their all still holding up no cracks or breaks.

crazy newf

Reaction score
With the post forward kit I would also run a shorter riser. A tall riser will want to push you back off the sled.

Also either heavier rear springs or the relocate brackets if you don't already have them. It will help in the weight transfer and keep from nosing up as much. Should be fun.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2
I went from an 8 inch to a 6 inch riser already heavy springs in and had to put the relocate kit in to get enough tension on track so now it's just to put it on the snow and tune it al at sled shed does all my engine work so he will be doing a bit of work as well and tune it for me I might have to go with a different Helex as well

Top Bottom