09 Dragon

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Put a wheel kit on and try to stay off hard pack as much as possible. Always look for snow to dip into to help cool things down. I put a wheel kit on after my second ride when new and noticed a huge difference in drag. I have yet to use the scratchers.

Attachments

• 2009 Dragon with wheel kit.jpg
    2009 Dragon with wheel kit.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 66

Jenkie

Reaction score
There a problem for sure - if you have the wheels and scratchers - should last longer - make sure your track tension is correct

Dragonryder

Reaction score
D8 155" - I run the HyperFax from SLP.. change out after 500 miles. No scratcher's and center wheel's removed. They are holding up. Well worth the money..

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 1560 miles local and mountain,about 50% left.I have the wheel kit and scratchers.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had same problem with my 08 Dragon 163 in 08, to lazy to stop and put out the scratchers mostly. Put on set slp's hiperfax (costly buggers), pull out scratchers only if engine is heating. Have put on over 2500 miles and still in good shape!

geelak900

Reaction score
Had same issue, put only front set of wheels on and I do use my scratchers when snow is sketchy, no problems at all anymore.

bensen

Reaction score
Put the wheel kit on problem solved. I have 900 miles 300 mountain 600 prairies mine still like new. I even have quite a few of trail miles but i put scratchers down on trails.

Dino

Reaction score
Put the wheel kit on problem solved. I have 900 miles 300 mountain 600 prairies mine still like new. I even have quite a few of trail miles but i put scratchers down on trails.
I have a 010 , havent installed the wheel kit, was thinking about it. A must doo is to use the scratchers , what with the track not being fully clipped and such tall lugs the hyfax cant get enough snow on them to keep the em cooled down. 400 miles on mine and they are about half worn....smoked them twice :eek: and it dont take long to ruin them. Dino

Top Bottom